“The Most Relaxing QUIET place I've stayed in!”

Devonshire House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washburn
Devonshire House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Washburn B&B and Inns
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
“The Most Relaxing QUIET place I've stayed in!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Bed & Breakfast is AMAZING! The hostess was so helpful and a wonderful cook. She is a natural at making you feel comfortable. The beds are so nice (She even ironed the sheets) & makes you want to sleep in! The shower is heavenly, and she had toiletries I forgot. I stayed for a week while my daughter was at 4H camp in Washburn and I never wanted to leave. Wonderful place to stay, that's quiet, and close to the river for walks or even fishing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nebraska USA
Reviewed May 21, 2013

First, the breakfast was awesome! Fresh French pressed coffee - pancakes, omelet, fresh juice, yogurt parfait - truly exquisite food! Was it worth the $129 I paid for the room and the cold and noisy room I stayed in?? Absolutely not! I requested to be moved to a vacant room because the two windows were letting I cold drafts and the wind was howling. Co-owner's solution was to remove the window air conditioner and turn up the heat. Didn't solve the problems and I ended up sleeping in earplugs and sweats. The b&b is restored 100 yr old hotel but it just lacks a lot I the way of ambiance. Owner had some nice touches (toiletries, chocolates etc) - but it goes back to that $129 price tag - NoDak is expensive but I could have stayed in a hotel in Dickinson for the same price with my own flatscreen, hot big breakfast, fitness room etc. I don't believe there is another hotel in Washburn though ... Bismarck and Minot are both about an hour away ... My Bismarck b&b I stayed in 2 nights prior, for reference was $109 and was simply amazing - no comparison !!

Room Tip: You might consider bismarck or minot instead .... Or try to negotiate a lower rate with co-owner Bet...