“Did the others stay at the same Hotel I did??? If so the A team took the weekend off!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Valley City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Valley City
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I called one week in advance and inquired about a roll away bed. I was told that would not be a problem. Day of arrival, when I arrived in Valley City @ 10:30 a.m. I stopped by and said we would be back later, but needed a roll away bed, they said no problem. I checked in that afternoon and asked for a roll away bed, they said they would have it put in the room. We went to the store and returned to get ready for an evening event. I called again to request this. We left to attend a function and returned at 10:30 p.m. Guess what? No roll away bed. At this point I began to believe that one did not exist and grabbed pillows and a blanket from my vehicle and prepared to sleep on the floor, I turned on the TV to watch a movie after consulting the guide. The movie was blurry and I could not make out the words or picture. I called the front desk and asked if I checked the cable on the back of the TV. I said yes, they then asked if I checked it were it went into the wall, I said no as I did not feel like moving a dresser and fridge. OK, so I switched channels to something I could see. Then as we were starting to fall asleep I heard children screaming running down the hall and a large dog barking. I then find that there are 4 children next door and also that I am right near the fire door that continued to bang every 5 minutes, so loud that the door to our room shook every time. This was on top of the AC unit kicking in and out every minute. They was no way to set the fan on, so every time I tried to watch TV I had to turn the volume up and down, the dogs, children and banging continued so I called the front desk, really didn't help. I asked the desk person about the masonary construction that Americinn puts in their ads, she said "I don't know about that". I finally fell to sleep around 4 a.m. and was awaken again at 5:30 with crying babies.
We checked out at 9:30 I told the front desk manager about this and she said "I wrote it down". A Manager that can't resolve a problem? To date still no explanation or even a call from managament.
We ran into some people that stayed across the hall from Canada, they said they would never stay at this property again, they had the same noise issues. As your staff seems to have zero customer service skills I told them that I plan to review on Trip advisor so others do not make the same mistake again. Next time we will drive the hour to Fargo and stay in a Hampton Inn or Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MinnesotaTraveler66
valleycityai, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Valley City, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Dear Minnesota Traveler, I am sorry I was unable to contact you before your posting of this review. I have since spoken with you and hope I have resolved these issues to your satisfaction. I apologize again that the rollaway bed you requested was not given to you. The desk clerk working that night also sends their apologies as they were very busy and did indeed forget your request. As far as the issue of the noise, our Soundguard construction is good at keeping tv and conversation noise to a minimum but it can't always keep loud noises, such as crying children or barking dogs, from disturbing other guests. We do our best to keep monitoring our hallways throughout the night but 1 person can't be everywhere at once. That is why we need the help from our guests to report issues such as the ones you had so we can take care of them right away. Once again I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I hope we have resolved this to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family--myself, husband, and 2-year old--stopped here at the tail end of a road trip from CA to MN. This hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs for one night--a clean, large room, an indoor pool, a nice breakfast in the morning, a good free wireless internet connection, and quiet enough to get some sleep. The first room we were given had a bunch of youngsters gearing up in the hallway to attend a wedding reception: the person at the front desk gave us a new room upon request.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Great hotel! We were stayed for only one night, on our way back to South Dakota from Canada. We splurged for the one bedroom suite, and it was definitely worth it. When you have 2 adults, 2 kids, and a dog all in one hotel room, the extra space of the living area comes in handy. It was only $15 more!

This hotel was everything it promised. Like I said earlier, the one-bedroom suite is actually a one-bedroom suite, not one room with a puny "room divider". The breakfast actually has decent sausage (an extreme rarity), and in general was very good. They had coffee and tea available throughout the day, right in the lobby. The staff were quick and efficient, and even though we were directly above the lobby, it was extremely quiet.

Wish we could've stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very nice, very quiet. We travel to Valley City often. This is the best place to stay. Great beds, fridge, desk, flat screen TV, good breakfast, business center, pool, great restaurant next door.
Good service, and staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
valleycityai, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Valley City, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay. We do pride ourselves in providing a relaxing and comforting environment for all of our guests. I will share your comments with the staff. Thank you and hope to see you again soon!
ND
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We got pulled off the interstate at Valley City due to a snow storm. We were given two reasonably priced rooms right next to each other. The staff helped us find food for our kids and when we were ready to leave the next morning, there was a payloader there to dig everyone out. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank win300
valleycityai, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Valley City, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your nice comments. Winter driving is always full of surprises. We are glad we were able to keep you warm and safe during your unexpected stay.
Ennis MT
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stopped here on the last night of our trip home from a 2-week road-trip of sightseeing and visiting family back east. We were starting to despair of finding anything at all once we got west of Fargo, but what a pleasant surprise this was!
The desk clerk was very courteous and helpful - even giving us a king suite for the price of a regular double room.
The room was quite spacious with a large bedroom and separate large sitting area. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, as well as a coffeemaker and a safe. The decor was a bit dated, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the views of the wooded areas from both rooms were very pleasant.
The lobby was very nice, with 2 sitting areas, one with 2 computers available for public use. Coffee, tea, etc. were available throughout the day here. There was also a good-sized indoor pool down the hall from the lobby area.
The continental breakfast was generous, with both hot (waffles or biscuits/gravy) and multiple cold items available.
The restaurant across the parking lot was excellent - good food at good prices.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling this way!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heypaula717
Dear heypaula717,

What wonderful comments! Thank you very much for the kind words. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as they truely are the face of our hotel. Please come and visit us again if you are in the area.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2009

A nice place to stop on a cross-country trip. We were on our way home from Yellowstone and stopped here for one night. The desk clerk was pleasant and helpful.

We were tired after a long day of driving and asked for a dinner recommendation. He suggested Sabir's the restaurant across the parking lot. Very nice place with excellent service and good food. Pricier than one might expect in Valley City, ND, but worth it. Great meal.

Hotel rooms were comfortable, even for a family of five. We had a family suite with two beds in a separate bedroom, bath in the middle, and a sitting area with table and sleeper sofa. Very quiet despite being near the top of the stairs above the front desk.

This hotel was $25 or so cheaper than similar places in Fargo, just an hour or less away. Definitely recommended as a stopping point on a cross-country journey.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MadTownTraveler
Dear MadTown Traveler,

Thank you for the nice comments. I am glad we were able to provide a comfortable place for your travel weary family. We look forward to having you and your family as guests again in the future. Happy traveling!

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Valley City? Share your experiences!