“Great food, relaxing atmosphere”

Sabir's Dining & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Valley City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Rolla,North Dakota
“Great food, relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great staff, atmosphere and food. There is a wide range of dining options available to accomodate different budgets and dining choices.

Visited July 2012

Bloomington, Indiana
“My Dinning experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our friend recommeded this place to us, so we all travel extra hour so we could eat there. What a let down, I ordered a steak along with our friends and they very fat and not cooked correctly. My wife order a dish called sicilian chicken and it was a more a asia dish with soy sause and so salty that is was inedidle, the baked potatoes looked like they were a week old. I short the place sucked. They also had pub grub which we should have eaten for the price.

• Visited June 2012
Valley City, North Dakota
“Super relaxing for evening, quick convenient lunches”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love this place and visit regularly...they have two menus: one with less expensive sandwiches/salads, and second full menu with steak, fish, lobster, pastas, you name it. The atmosphere is great for couples or small groups of friends. The only drawback is they do not have beer on tap, you order it in a bottle instead. But they have a nice wine list if that's your thing.

We also eat lunch here regularly. The same quiet atmosphere at night allows for easy business discussions or friendly visits. Great service ALL THE TIME, which is unheard of for any restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

After reading all the TripAdvisor reviews, we were excited to try Sabir's. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, but the food was not the best. Ambiance was a little dated in the dining room, and as one would expect in the lounge area.

The salads were your typical house salad, and the Raspberry Vinaigrette was good but a bit too sweet for my tastes. However, my daughter loved it.

The Honey Parmesan Chicken Sandwich was kind of plain, it seemed as if the glaze was drizzled on a grilled chicken breast rather than cooked with it - more like a dipping sauce.

The Bourbon Chicken was better, but the bed of rice it was on was kind of dry. The veggies were good, and the baked potato perfect.

The Chicken Cordon Bleu was also decent but unspectacular, and it should be better than decent for the price point. The veggies and fries were good there too.

Sabir's did have one of the best wine lists I have seen in the upper Midwest, and the house Merlot was generous pour and a very nice wine.

For dessert we shared a piece of Turtle Cheesecake, and that was fantastic...highly recommended!

All in all, it was not bad by any means, but for the price I expected a little more. I wouldn't rule it out based on this review, it may just have been a bad night.

Visited May 2012
Jamestown, North Dakota
“good”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

sabir's is usually great - they have good food and a little higher end atmosphere. there was a spider in my husband's salad.... i don't know what to say about that except that's gross, but otherwise it was fine. all the other time's i've been there it's been great so the spider thing was odd.

Visited November 2011