“2nd year for a stay”

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Valley City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Valley City
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Last year stayed at this hotel twice. The first time phoned and made reservations and when we arrived the price was higher than they quoted me on the phone. This year I made reservations with the hotel directly and printed off the price and other information so we all would be on the same page. When I arrived I let the lady look at the printed off sheet to get my name and address and so she could see the rate. Guess what once again the price was higher than the reservation that I printed off a month ago. VERY small breakfast area two chairs and one table. The milk was really cold and the doughnuts were fresh this year. Rooms and beds were not near as clean as last year. Will Not Stay Here again there are two many other hotels near by.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dutch57
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Valley City

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel is gross. The walls are paper thin. The floor are dirty and one of the two beds had so much hair in it, that it made u wonder if it was changed. The bathroom was dirty and you could hear small animals running around.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank jaytini
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Valley City Super 8 when I took my daughter to check into her dorm at Valley City State University. The office personnel were welcoming and efficient, our room was clean and comfortable. The Super 8 served breakfast in the small space next to the office and there was a no frills coffee shop at the gas station next door which served basic breakfasts as well. Valley City is a very small town so the property was convenient to most destinations but particularly so to the university campus which was just down the street. It is also conveniently located next to the main highway and the Sheyenne River US Scenic Byway. Overall, we had a very positive experience at the Valley City Super 8 and the price was very reasonable. If you ever have need to stay in Valley City, I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roadtripqueen56
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel was a little hard to get to. We drove down the hill and had to get turned around and headed back toward the sign. We weren’t sure we were going the right way –access was gained by going almost through a gas station!
Once we got there, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel had free, reliable wireless Internet and all of the ice we needed.
The breakfast area was small, but boiled eggs were included. It was nice to have a protein – something rare in the “free” breakfasts generally offered.
There was adequate truck parking for three or four vehicles. It would have been hard to maneuver if the parking lot had been full.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TerminationDust
Reviewed August 16, 2011

There aren't many reasons to go to Valley City, North Dakota, but if you happen to be there, say to drop a kid off at the University, you need a place to stay for a couple nights. I have never been a fan of the Super 8 brand, but this one is different. The place is absolutely clean, one of the cleanest motel rooms I have ever been in. Staff is wonderfully friendly. Breakfast is adequate, (coffee, donuts, cereal) but there is a cafe right up the hill, that was delicious. It is right off the interstate, next to a gas station with convenience store. And if by chance you are a California girl, in awe of tornado warnings, there is a bench right outside to watch amazing weather roll by, or just enjoy the clean air of North Dakota.

Room Tip: Close to Valley City State Univ.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty323
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The only complaint I have is the price of the hotel that they stated on the phone was higher when we checked in. Very nice and clean hotel located next to a very good restraunt. We stayed there twice within a week and both times the front desk was very nice and overly friendly. Breakfast is in a very small area but, next to the hotel is a gas station and a very good place to eat. The last day we stayed the sheet on my bed had a really big stain on it, I personally would of thrown it away but it isn't my hotel. Everything else was up to par. Microwave and good size fridge in the room. I would stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Would stay again..
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dutch57
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Got in late but room was clean and no disturbances. Skip continental breakfast and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple