“Great hotel and staff. They make my stays comfortable and...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stanley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sioux Falls
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I asked fellow guests if their heaters worked like mine, where the heat turns on then it switches to air conditioning and cools the room. All said theirs did the same. You had to turn the heater on then once it hit the temp turn it off or it blew cold air. Something should be done about this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Desoto
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall, room was good. Mattress a bit too firm. Breakfast acceptable except for second day, biscuits & gravy. No eggs, sausage or bacon. Desk chair was worse than sitting on a park bench. All that quite tolerable EXCEPT they put me in a handicapped room. Front door closer so robust I don't see how a handicapped person could open it. The bathroom was awful. No counter or shelf for shaving kit. No soap dish in shower. Shower curtain at least a foot from the floor and shower bench stuck out beyond curtain a good 1/2 foot. Tiny shower head and drain. What a mess. Water all over the place. I've used this type bathroom before and usually tolerable, but this was the pits. I asked to change rooms, but they said they were full and that I had booked a handicapped room. Nope; and had my reservation confirmation to prove it. (That really capped it!) I guess they figured better to inconvenience a guy only staying 3 days than one staying a few weeks. Stanley has other choices and I'll be using one of them next time around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Elk River
Reviewed February 14, 2013

After I checked in I went to my first room of the night. The bathroom looked as if it hadn't been cleaned before my arrival. There was what appeared to be feces on the toilet seat and the show didn't look clean. I went down to the front desk and asked for a new room and the employee gave me a new room. When I went to that room it had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, so again I went down to the front desk and asked for a new room and again they accommodated my request. The last room I went to for the night was fairly clean other than something crusty on one of the bed skirts and toilet paper in the toilet. I decided it was good enough for the night seeing as it was 2 in the a.m. at this point and they asssured me the room would be cleaned well in the morning. Since I've been here the hotel has also had problems with their water pipes breaking and the water pressure and hear is inconsistant. When I stayed on the second floor the water pressure was fine but now that I'm on the fourth floor I can barely take a shower.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I misunderstood the dates I was too book a room and when I called to change it I was received rudley from the beginning. I explained to her how I got the dates wrong and just booked it on line and she rudley told me I would have to payfor 2 nights because of the 24 hr cancellation. I've never had problems changing the dates within the 24 hr B.S. rule with the Hilton Brands. They always worked with me. It was my mistake but feel they could of worked with me and not have a snotty girl working at the front desk. First X using a Wyndham brand and not impressed so far.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shooterb
Brackettville, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This, relatively new Hotel, was very nice. It was very clean, and the staff was very friendly.The weather was very cold and connections for headbolt heaters were available.
A little more effort could have been made to remove the snow at the entrance.
The Continental breakfast was excellent, however a storm door leading into the area would have made the experience much more enjoyable.
The initial phone inquiry as to availability and price indicated one rather high price, while the on-line quote was very reasonable--almost half as much as the phone inquiry. I wonder why there was this much of a difference.?
The convenience of this hotel saved us from having to drive 110 miles for several days to visit a relative in the Nursing home in Stanley. This made our visit much more enjoyable. We would be most happy to recommend this hotel to all who happen to travel to this part of North Dakota. I would be especially happy to not be required to type "a minimum of 200 characters" for my review of this hotel. Who decided this was necessary needs to have a review done on him/her!
That is my personal opinion, and i will stick by it.

Room Tip: No problems. Excellent elevator.