“Terrible food, terrible service, and a complete "don't care" attitude”
Review of Spirit Lake Casino

Spirit Lake Casino
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped here on a recent RV trip across the country, and stayed in their "RV Park", if you want to call it that. It's basically several hookup sites in the dirty parking lot. I went into the registration area to check in. The woman at the counter took a long time to even look up at me, and finally simply said "Yes?" in the most rude and bored voice you can imagine. And this is at the hotel check-in desk! I told her what I wanted, and she seemed quite put out that she had to do her job and arrange for me to check into the RV park. Never once did she even get out of her chair!

The parking lot is filthy with trash. The inside of the casino reeks of smoke, to the point that you really can't stand to be in there for very long. The casino is dusty and dirty, with no effort put into housekeeping. We went to their buffet for dinner, and the only thing I can say about it that's good is that it's cheap. And when you taste the food, you'll see why.

This is a Native American casino at its very, very worst. Everything about this place says "we're here to get the maximum amount of money with the minimum amount of effort". Don't reward the owner's lack of effort - stay away, and take your money elsewhere!!!!

27  Thank bendwriter

Reviewed October 10, 2012

When making my reservations, I requested a two day stay. this took a long time on the phone with registration as they seem to be only used to one day stays. I checked in and did not notice that I was only booked for a one day stay. The front desk was very rude about it making it all my fault and basically kicking me out. Food was marginal at best, ran out of condiments and didn't replenish, room had a bad smell and it was non-smoking. The service other than the front desk was fine. I would recommend all the other reservation casinos - Pine Ridge, Standing Rock, Rosebud over this one as they appreciate your business. this one gives the attitude that they can't be bothered with your business. My recommendation - stay in Devil's Lake. don't stay here.

25  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is so hit or miss if you get good service. The food was cold on our last trip out to seafood night.

11  Thank hmac1985
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booked rooms late so had to move from standard to suite on second night. Arrived at hotel early and checked in promptly even with busy front desk. Got to room was dirty sheet had stain called front desk they sent up clean sheets. Went fishing came in late showered drain was plugged called front desk at 11pm someone showed up with plastic stick at midnight that didnt work so he said he would get maint. Ok well another hour goes by so gave up went to bed. Next day had to change rooms but couldnt until later in day front desk said they would move luggage for us with security and house boy.....ok fine. Returned at 5pm and went to front desk was given new card for suite went to new room....no luggage....went back to front desk they recarded our old room and we retreived our luggage back to suite...no apology might I add. Suite was missing trim on vanity, missing grout cracked tile and only had a couch and a king. Checked if couch was pullout nope but found two old candy bars popcorn and other nasty things under cushion.....yuck do they clean this place at all? So we piled the kids in our king bed which was clean.....and left the next day...What a dump and the staff didnt apologize nor care how horrible the place was....wow saving a few bucks was not worth the agony. Nicest place to stay so far in Devils Lake was Holiday Inn Express but they jacked the price to 140 a night the weekend before the 4th of July. Oh well... Just skip this dump and spend a few bucks somewhere else thats clean like anywhere else.....seriously.

23  Thank jboardman
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We traveled 3 hours with my parents to this casino. I thought the pool looked nice and thought I would hang out with my children while my parents went to the casino. Check in was at 4:00pm and we arrived a 2:30pm. We were told that our rooms were not done and that we should check back at 4:00. We ended up not being able to get into our room until 5:30. The room was filthy but had been heavily sprayed with air freshner. We found food in the drawers, medicine, food on the floor, dirty socks. It really appeared that the room had been fluffed. I wonder if the sheets were even changed. When the staff was told of the room conditions, the response was oh. Staff was very unfriendly. The pool looked nice but any walking throught the pool area would cause you to slip whether you were wearing shoes or not. My 2 year old fell 4 times and she wasn't even running. They are very obviously aware of this as there are signs all over the place that indicate they are not responsible for your falls. I have never stayed at such a filthy place. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that I know.

23  Thank Raylene M