“Afternoon stop.”

Eat at Whalers
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eat at Whalers. Indulge in million dollar views, salty air & frosty glasses at Whalers. Eat, drink, relax & savour. Titillate your tastebuds. Encounter friendly faces filling your glass. Why don’t you celebrate life!
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The view is just fabulous. We took advantage of the fine weather and sat out on the deck.
The 2 flat whites were hot and the cake (and icecream) my husband ordered was tasty. Cost was $13.50. Found the staff happy and the service was quick. We were probably only there for 30 minutes, as we had to get going to our accommodation for the night.

2  Thank nek88

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Some friends in Victor Harbor suggested we try the “Eat at Whalers”. I was cautious as the
Whalers Inn had differing reputation over the years, however we decided to try it for lunch.
Well the choice on the menu was different but not way out.
I decided on King George Whiting and my wife had the garfish.
The waiter suggested a Pinot Gris (mid range price), that resulted in being an excellent compliment to the fantastic meals.
On discussion with one of the waitresses we learnt that the new owners/managers have been there nearly a year.
The restaurant catered for the older generation and the young mums as well.
We will return.
David Burford from Aldgate.

4  Thank David9548
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We dined there Saturday had a lovely meal ..being a vego I found the fattoush was to die for..also the goats curd, olive and baggette starter was good.
My partner had the lamb shanks which he enjoyed.
Great position at Victor over looking encounter bay....!

3  Thank JAL059
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Three of us ate here on Saturday night and could not fault anything. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Even though the restaurant was busy we were not kept waiting long for our food. 2 of us ordered the steak with peppercorn sauce. My friend said it was the best she had eaten in a very long time. The seafood platter was plentiful and fresh. All in all a great night. Thanks.

1  Thank Fliss253
Reviewed April 20, 2013

If this restaurant was not in such a beautiful setting it would still be just as busy, but it is a bonus. I walk my dogs nearby and often stop for an early evening beer, probably not dressed appropriately for dinner. I've been made to feel very welcome. The menu looked good so we had dinner there this Friday night. The food was excellent, the service was top notch even though it was so busy. To be honest you can pay similar prices in pubs and this was in a different league

1  Thank Telelynx