“Bit Smelly”

Comfort Inn Victor Harbor
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Victor Harbor
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Decide to stay after recommendation from the local info centre..........
Previous reviews are spot on...Noisy Air con,dowdy room with the addition of that strong Carbolic Cleaning Smell.
The room had that ever present odour of humanity........
Needs an upgrade and cheaper tariff.

Yes....... Tim couldn't do enough

Room Tip: Next door to bottle shop.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnVH, Manager at Comfort Inn Victor Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear oliveoil,

Thankyou for your feedback.

You should be pleased to hear that we are currently in the early stages of planning for a refurbishment program for the motel.

Next time you are in Victor Harbor, I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our fully refurbished Executive Suite. Please contact me at info@comfortinnvictor.com.au to arrange this.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Victor Harbor

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It 'a basic motel, in the town center on the seafront, comfortable.
I have not seen the staff, nor at the checkout nor at the checkin, because I arrived and gone overtime. I did find the room keys in the combination box outside the entrance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank frv_9
ComfortInnVH, Manager at Comfort Inn Victor Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear frv_9,

Thankyou for your feedback on your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your short stay.

It was a shame that I wasn't able to welcome you when you arrived or farewell you before you departed, as I do with all our guests during the office hours of 8am and 8pm.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Comfort Inn at Victor this week, same deal as my stay at the Anchorage from April-2013. My employer paid the overnight, and allowed me $15 for breakfast, plus $40 allowance for evening meal.
Well, to start with, this review, compared to the Anchorage room, was excellent. Plenty of space to stretch out. 1 queen bed, (and 1 single bed.) that had the most delightful feeling sheets, and the bed comfort on a scale of 10 was 10/10.
Open hanging wardrobe space, with plenty of hangers.. I do prefer that style, to an old fashioned half made wardrobe at the other establishment.

The front door had a weather strip installed and no warm/cold breeze entered, through there.

I enjoyed an outdoor table and two chairs to gaze at the stars. My vehicle was directly outside my front door. I like that. The breakfast menu - which needs to be ordered by 8 pm day prior, was to my liking, and well within my budget. And, was delicious...It was delivered to my room, and placed in a purpose built niche. It arrived hot, delicious and on time.... Great for corporate clients!

Across the road from the Comfort Inn, and around the corner, are 3 good restaurants- Primo- Niño's- and the Victor Pizza bar... Great Location!!!! and good food. For the travel in my vehicle for the three days, I used 2km.... and trolleyed along with my walker, at lunch and dinner, for the three days. Tip No 1. Do not ask for anchovies from the Victor Pizza Bar unless you can eat all the pizza on the same night-- way too smelly, and it stays on your breath for the whole day-----lmao-- and as there is no clingfilm to cover the aforesaid smelly pizza in your fridge, it also infuses into the good sized fresh milk jug that you provided.
Tim also provided me with internet access, free for 2 hours- through Nomadnet-- Was good to use my laptop and keep up with emails.

Sorry Tim, have to say this-- Do not like the tissue dispenser for toilet paper- After the first day, I brought my own toilet paper roll, and was happier with that.
Overall, though, this motel was 110 percent better than the Anchorage.

Thanks Tim and will be recommending this as the better place to stay in Victor Harbor for our company...

Cheers

Kathryn Joslin

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Joslin,

Thankyou for your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

You will be happy to hear that when the motel goes through it's refurbishment program in the next year or two, that the toilet paper dispenser will be no longer!!!!

It was my pleasure assisting you while you were here and I hope to see you again next time you are down our way!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

LOCATION: A short stroll to restaurants and 230 meters away from the Esplanade.

MOTEL: Fast, friendly check-in. Dated room. Decent beds and skimpy pillows. Old and very loud air-conditioner. Decent shower. No free WIFI. Free outdoor, off-street parking.

CONCLUSION: Good motel, albeit a refurbishment is needed.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortInnVH, Manager at Comfort Inn Victor Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear HKasyouare,

Thankyou for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Victor Harbor.

We are beginning the first steps in a refurbishment program of our motel this year. Currently we have two fully renovated rooms, being the Executive Suite and the Spa Suite.

I hope you will continue to visit Victor Harbor, I would love to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This motel is starting to need some attention but our room was comfortable and clean. My one main complaint is that the air conditioning unit right over one of the beds was so noisy it was unbearable. Location is brilliant...easy walking around Victor to everything but seriously needs some updating

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although in need of an update, we found our room to be clean and comfortable. My mother-in-law enjoyed the separate bedroom. Clean bedding, bathroom and kitchen. Centrally located - nice to stroll around Victor.
Thanks to Jacqui at reception - friendly, professional and I'm sure a real asset - as all staff appeared to be. Good value and I'll look forward to future refurbishment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a depressing place. Old rooms very stinky. The bathroom was dirty and under sink it was full of dirt! They have a guest laundry and the dryer does not function properly it took ages to dry, but the owner allowed us to dry our clothes on his private hangers which it was really very nice!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in McCracken
Apollon Motor Inn
Apollon Motor Inn
#6 of 6 in Victor Harbor

Been to Comfort Inn Victor Harbor? Share your experiences!