“Wow! What a beaut! $12 to pat koalas and kangaroos? Yes please.”

Urimbirra Wildlife Park
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

After a disappointing experience interacting with the wildlife at the Taronga zoo, my best friend and I had our eyes set on petting some Australian animals. This wildlife sanctuary definitely gave us plenty of opportunities to do so. We got there at 11 am in time for the koala feeding. There were two koalas in the enclosure that we were able to pat. We also bought bags of kangaroo food ($1 each). The kangaroos had no problem hopping right up to us for food. It was awesome! Be careful though, they are sneaky and took a bag of food out of my friends purse. The kangaroos were very friendly! We were able to see a Joey in the pouch as well. The whole sanctuary had beautiful animals and I would highly recommend that you include it on your itinerary for victor harbor!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Urimbirra Wildlife Park is a great place to see many native Australian animals - kookaburras, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and of course, koalas! The admission cost is reasonable and you can purchase food to feed the free-roaming kangaroos around the park.

Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This wildlife park may not be a zoo on a grand scale but it more than makes up for it by how close you get to animals. The time there is entertaining and engaging. The admission cost is also very reasonable. Our kids love this place as did their uncle

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Loved our visit to Urimbirra Wildlife Park. You are greeted on your way round by the kangaroos - lovely to see them up close but be careful, they know if you are carrying food ! The staff are very helpful and informative. A fantastic day out for the whole family.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been twice now and I really love it. I will go back again too because it is fun and more interactive. I love the peacocks and my partner loves the kangaroo’s and emu’s. It is not the same as the zoo with nice paths and doesn’t have as many animals but you get to walk around with a few animals and to me it is more fun. It was only about $8 each so I think it is great value for money.

1  Thank christiesbeach