“Fantastic food & breathtaking views!”
Review of Anchorage

Anchorage
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the beautiful seafront in a state heritage listed building, the charming Anchorage restaurant is the perfect place to relax and sample some of the Fleurieu's finest produce. Open daily for breakfast, lunch & dinner, The Anchorage's seasonal menu's showcases the best of local produce. From wholesome breakfasts to incredible local seafood dishes and locally made cakes & pastries there is something to please everyone on the menu. Little ones are also welcome and our children's menu is sure to please. The 100% South Australian wine list features wines from many small up and coming wine makers with a focus on showcasing wines from the talented local McLaren Vale region and beers & ciders are from small local craft producers. Coffee is roasted locally in collaboration with a small Adelaide Hills coffee roaster. Onsite accommodation is also available, our seafront Spa Suites are sure to delight. Function spaces are also available.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just visited Victor Harbour with friends... Spent lovely relaxed lunch on the verandah- the sharing plate was executed brilliantly- and the pizzas, tasty gourmet flavours. But our favorite would have to be the tempura battered fried halloumi on the lamb salad- couldn't get enough!
What a great place to relax over a glass of wine & soak in the coastal atmosphere. Thanks to Nicole and the staff for a great lunch.

Date of visit: May 2013
CSaunderson, Owner at Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments. We work hard on the menus to keep them fresh and appealing and it is good to know the dishes that popular so we can keep working on them. Receiving such positive affirmation makes the staff and managers know it is all worthwhile and gives us great pleasure to know we have helped make someones afternoon and lunch a memorable time.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Upon walking into the Anchorage to place my order, I was delighted with the look, the feel and the atmosphere within the hotel, the staff were real alive people, switched on with smiles, personality, care factor and what appeared to me to be high standards......... what a pleasure.

I was reluctant to order garlic bread because most times elsewhere its crappy and average.
I asked the lady taking my order, is your garlic bread any good here, she said yes.
After having ordered and tasted......... your garlic bread is top of the list in my opinion, I loved it and it was super tasty.

I ordered the beef burger .................... mmmmmmmmmmmmm, so good.

You know, every day chefs might turn out the same dish fifty times over but for the person about to eat that meal, they see it with fresh eyes and tough scrutiny. Your food still tasted like it was made and prepared with love and for that

I thank you for making my eating experience at your hotel a very pleasurable one.
Smiles, Jo-Anne

Date of visit: May 2013
CSaunderson, Manager at Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

We love to hear this kind of review. The staff were encouraged to read this and were very happy that they had made the reviewer's experience a positive one. Of course there are always areas to improve on and this just makes us more determined to do just that.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Most diverse breakfast menu we found in Victor Harbor, more than just a fry up. Had the home made baked beans with chorizo and poached eggs, just lovely. Staff were friendly and really accommodating with hot water etc for our six month old so we could get his breakfast ready as well. Only down side was baby changing toilet was a bit difficult to get to with a pram, accessibility was good. This is defiantly where the locals go for their coffee in the am, which was excellent as well.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have just returned from our holiday, we stayed at the Anchorage and ate at the restaurant many times. The breakfast menu caters for all tastes lots of fresh and healthy choices and the serves are very generous. The lunch menu had lots of great choices plus a tapas menu. The dinner menu was comprehensive with great daily specials and Tapas. I absolutely loved the Tapas,The sharing plates were marvellous. I loved having Tapas on the verandah overlooking the ocean with a bottle of wine. A perfect way to unwind while we were there we tried most of the Tapas options and enjoyed them all. The staff were friendly and nothing was to much trouble.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Have been coming to the Anchorage for many years now. The coffee is consistently the best on the Fleurieu Peninsula. We love the relaxed seaside atmosphere of the cafe with menu to match. Our young teenage boys loved the salt and pepper squid and the beer battered fish and chips they had last weekend. The tapas menu, which I think may be a fairly recent addition, is of high quality and delicious, especially the baked fetta and the beetroot dip. The lunchtime burger my husband had was huge and very tasty.