“Very average food”

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average food”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We specifically order Chili King Prawn with some spicy sauce and pointed at the menu when order.
Ended up with sweet and sour prawn. Quite disappointing.
The food was very average which I never quite enjoyed. Felt like wasting my money on it. Very disappointed!!

Visited May 2012

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great Value .”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had a great lunch with friends who could talk Chinese with the new owner , who has greatly improved the quality and variety of the dishes .

Visited April 2012
Adelaide
“Nice Food”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had take away one night from the Sun Inn
Excellent service & the food was fantastic

Visited April 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice People, Good Service, Terrible Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

One doesn't expect too much from a Chinese restaurant as they are supposed to be simply furnished - except for the posh ones of course! This is simply furnished. You need to negotiate a flight of stairs to reach it so for anyone lacking in mobility it will be difficult.

The staff are lovely people, polite and friendly - both when you dine in and when you order and collect takeaway.

When we dined in other people were complaining about the food - quite loudly. Our dining in experience was better than out takeway experience and I would rate it 5/10. The staff were friendly and polite making the experience quite nice.

We waited about 3 months before dining again and decided to opt for takeaway food - no better.

The food we were given as 'takeaway' is the worst Chinese food I have ever tasted and I have eaten Chinese food all over the world and I usually love it.

Beef in black bean sauce tastes like medicine! 1/10. My carnivorous friend was looking forward to a good feed but honestly the taste was more than awful and it may as well have been cough medicine.

Chicken in lemon sauce uses the cheapest portions of the chicken and is full of sinews, bones and crunchy unidentified meaty bits - no breast meat in sight. It is coated in soggy battered crumbs and the foul tasting lemon sauce is put over it making the entire dish a soggy gluggy sinewy goo. It is absolutely dreadful. 1/10. Perhaps it might have been a little more appealing if the sauce had been served in a container on the side as many other Chinese restaurants do. Keep that in mind if you dare try the same dish. I am a 'lemon chicken' fan and it is usually prepared with white breast meat that is tender, coated in batter that is crisp and fresh and the sweet bitter lemon sauce is usually served on the side - I usually dip into the sauce.

Sates on skewers as an appetiser are similar - large square/pieces of meat (usually sates are small tender pieces), tough, chewy, coated in soggy glue like crumbs with bland but spicy tasting peanut sauce over them. 3/10 - for the sauce which was semi edible but the soggy coated bits of meat were not!

Fried special rice was dry, very dry. 4/10. I have given the rice a higher score because I ate more of it as it seemed to be the only thing that was edible.

Cost of meal was $AU45 and we binned it after sampling a mouthful of each as it was so dreadful. I never bin food unless it is off! I usually love Chinese food but this was very very awful. I will never eat there again.

2 Thank tripping-traveller