“Pleasant stay”

and 1 more site!
Victor Harbor Holiday and Cabin Park
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Generally it was a pleasant stay for 4 adults and one toddler. Wished that they didn't charge us too much for the 2 extra adults. It should have been all inclusive for the price of a chalet.

The 'wall' was too thin and every time someone goes to the bathroom you could hear 'everything'. It was a bit cold in winter as the chalet is not well-insulated. The jumping pillow is quite an amazing experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Park is located level walking distance to town. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I rang to book and asked about the different accommodation options, was advised the difference between the chalet and villa was size and an extra TV. Not needing either we chose the chalet. Chalet's are older style buildings, partly renovated. New kitchen (but not stove which was difficult to light, however help was quickly at hand when requested.) brand new airconditioner worked beautifully on cold winter nights. Drawback was the bathroom, still in original condition (guessing '70's) sink in very poor condition and an all pervading "old public toilet" smell. Water save shower head dispensed water that was luke warm at best, not a pleasant experience in winter. I checked in the campsite bathroom, their showers were considerably warmer.

Kids loved the jumping pillow.
Nice BBQ area.

Would we stay here again, definitely, its a very nice park, but not in a chalet. We would choose a villa next time. Would be helpful for staff to add the "villa's are new" comment when asked the difference between types of accommodation.

Room Tip: Chalets are older with unrenovated bathrooms. Spend the bit extra for a villa.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 3littlepigsgotroppo
Margaret A, Owner at Victor Harbor Holiday and Cabin Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay. Feedback is very important to us and we are happy to say that we are renovating our Chalet bathrooms in the next 2 months.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I found out about this park from the internet. I read all the reviews and felt this was the place to stay with my family. Hay its true! this is a wonderful park. The owners are so helpful and friendly, they were so accommodating, nothing was to much trouble for them. My family and I stayed there in our caravan. We found the park very clean and roomy. The amenity buildings were always clean and tidy, 24 hours a day. The park has a beautiful atmosphere, lovely trees and the parking areas for caravans are very nice. The games room was small but my son and I had lots of fun there. Great location,so close to all the attractions around Victor. Look I have nothing bad to say about this park, and I trust if you give this beautiful place a go, like me you will be planning to return again in the near future. Well done to all at Victor Harbour Cabin And Holiday Park. Thank you for making our family holiday a more enjoyable experience. (Site 10)

Room Tip: The caravan park sites in the middle of the park are A number 1. We had Site 10.Close to the Amenity...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Was originally staying for 3 nights but extended it to 7 because we were so impressed with the friendly and enjoyable atmosphere of the park! The staff were great, and willing to go out of their way to make our stay even more special. Rooms were clean and tidy! We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had a Deluxe Villa in this park for our 3 day stay in Victor Harbour. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who explained the park layout, after hours access and answered all our questions regarding attractions etc. The Villa was excellent and very roomy, with slpit system heating/cooling and consisted of one queen bed, 4 bunks [not made up] in the 2nd bedroom, dining area, 2 sofas in the lounge area, full kitchen with an excellent amount of crockery etc, bathroom with a good shower and vanity basin and seperate toilet. We also had a verandah with outdoor furniture. The guest laundry is very adequate, with plenty of washing machines and huge dryers, there is also an outdoor clothes line.The park was very quite and well run with good play areas for children. It is situated close to town, a 2 minute drive or a good 15 minute walk. If you are looking for cabin accommodation, the Deluxe Villas are certainly recommended. We would have no hestitation in recommending this park.

Room Tip: Deluxe Villas excellent value
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kushieVictoria
Reviewed April 9, 2012

For my husband I we wanted to take our little boy of 3 years to his first family holiday without spending a fortune.
The people that run the park where friendly & helpful & were always looking out for the safety of the children in the park.
We stayed in the units which were clean & had everything we needed. At night it was quite & relaxing.
For the kids the playground & the jumping pillow are fantastic. Also the bikes you can hire to ride around the grounds are good fun & you must try them.
All in all a fabulous place to stay we have already re-booked for next year!!!
Thanks guys!!! Hats off to you its hard to find places like this anymore

Kind Regards
The Bloffwitch Family :)

Room Tip: Units are fine!!! They dont cost a fortune!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Upon arrival, I was met with a grumpy park owner who'd obviously had a bad day and thought very little of taking it out on the next person to come along.

I was roughly told to park in the visitor carpark as the park was full and there was no more space. Fine, I would just visit my friends then. After ten minutes of explaining, sourpants let me in.

I got to the site we had booked to find my friends camped on a dusty hill at the back of the park, and there was heaps of room. I'm talking room enough for at least 6 more tents and as many cars. I had to camp down the road in a reserve.

Maybe I just got them a a bad time, I dont know. But I got so much attitude from them, and I'm certainly not going back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Margaret A, Owner at Victor Harbor Holiday and Cabin Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Can you confirm that this is our park you are referring to as we do not have any sites on hills. We are often confused with the park on the beachfront which has a similar name.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor Harbor
NRMA Victor Harbor Beachfront Holiday Park
McCracken Country Club
McCracken Country Club
#1 of 1 in McCracken

Been to Victor Harbor Holiday and Cabin Park? Share your experiences!