“Excellent park and hosts”
Review of Quorn Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quorn
Quorn Caravan Park
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have just completed a 3 and a half month stay here in my camper trailer having moved to Quorn as a base for work and while waiting to organise a house and bring the family down. Excellent little park in a great location. Camp kitchen is greaqt, showers toilets clean, laudndry excellen and great hosts Bronwyn and Gary. They kept an eye on my site during my absences for work and could not have been more helpful throughout my stay. Highly recommended caravan park

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
BronwynLucas, Owner at Quorn Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review - we enjoyed having you stay and it was great to meet your lovely family.
You've come to a great place in Quorn - it's a super community and a great travel destination.
Hope to see you in town. All the best from us, and our valued staff, at Quorn Caravan Park!

There are newer reviews for Quorn Caravan Park

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The surroundings were lovely, the owners a delight, the camp kitchen fabulous, as were all the amenities. Quorn itself is charming, with the cafes offering delicious home-made fare. With plenty of activities in Quorn itself and slightly further afield, it is worth stopping for at least a few days. We'll be back.........
Andrea & Ken

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea v

Thank you, Andrea and Ken, for your lovely review (I liked the top-notch service comment!) with the bonus of it being packed full of good information for your fellow travellers. We hope you will be back and we'll look forward to seeing you!
Kind regards, Bronwyn

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

One of the best caravan-parks I have seen during my Australia- trip. Clean good equipped & very friendlie stuff, witch could give also good recomandations about the area.

Every meter of extra way was it worth...

Was recommended by a pilot in Uluru.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Switzie79

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was very kind. We hope you are finding Trip Advisor useful. I hope I meet the pilot from Uluru! Thank you for staying with us and we're glad you found our travel advice to be helpful.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

As a motorcyclist touring across Oz, it was a pleasure to discover Quorn Caravan Park. I stayed in a cabin which was more comfortable and better equipped than most motels. The owners are friendly and helpful. Quorn is a delightful town and although I only spent one night there it is one of my most memorable stop overs in Oz.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Trevor H
BronwynLucas, Owner at Quorn Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thanks for your kind review. I pointed out your review to a staff member, 'oh yeah, the nice guy who writes the blogs', so you also made an impression! I trust that you persevered with your camera, even though friends WERE able to follow you via the internet. If I had been forewarned of your arrival, I would have included some rooibos in the mix of complimentary tea and coffee!

Lovely to meet and we trust you've had a very memorable stay in Oz!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My friend and I spent a memoral 4 nights camping here on our return from travel in the Flinders Ranges to the north. Although it was the long weekend Gary and Bronwyn managed to fit us in at late notice, in a lovely camp spot. The camp kitchen was excellent as were all facilities. The whole eco ethos of the place was evident and a breath of fresh air. We found Quorn a good place for a break. The Powell Gardens were great as was the Pitchi Ritchi steam train ride. The near-by Dutchman's Stern was a good walk and we saw the endangered Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby at Warren Gorge. Lots to see and a wonderful place to stay.
Val and Anne - Sydney

Room Tip: We were camping, not in a cabin.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello!

Thank you for your generous review.

We do our best to ensure that we leave space for people caught unawares by SA's long weekend (and Easter too). I've passed your comments about town onto our local Visitor Information Centre - it's great for the whole community to receive good news - so thanks for that!

Thanks very much for your comments regarding our environmental focus. We love it when people notice and it is becoming more apparent, over time (the natural way!).

I very much enjoyed our chats - one of the perks of my job - meeting delightful people!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a camper trailer and spent 4 weeks travelling with our young family in South Australia. The Quorn Caravan Park was friendly, clean and well laid out. The facilities were excellent even down to the sperate bathroom/shower for young children. Great location, well worth a visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your review. We're happy with our renovated Babies Bathroom - we even managed to save some of a pre-existing mural - I think it helps mums and dads with tired, grumpy children if, when they open the door, they see (remnants of) a fairy woodland. I hope you found it a useful space.

Happy to have been of service and hope to see you in the Flinders again!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This park is a delightful bush setting which remains true to its eco ethics and blends in with the surrounding landscape. We have stayed for 10 days during the school holidays and enjoyed the security, clean amenities and the chance to recycle all things while travelling. When we weren't sightseeing we had a mix of quiet days and nights, complimented by visiting wildlife, and busy days with families of all ages playing and making the most of this tranquil location. Thanks to Bronwyn and Gary for generously sharing their knowledge and history of the area which made our stay so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks very much for your complimentary and thoughtful review. You've been wonderful guests - we appreciated having you stay and we know that other guests felt likewise.

We hope to see you on another occasion on your many travels - whether you're passing by, or coming to stay in the Flinders again, and whether that includes bringing in rescued travellers, we'll be very happy to see you both.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quorn
Majestic Oasis Apartments
#9 of 10 in Port Augusta
Motel Pampas
Motel Pampas
#6 of 10 in Port Augusta

Been to Quorn Caravan Park? Share your experiences!