“i have to come back here!!”
Review of Port Lincoln YHA

Port Lincoln YHA
Reviewed April 28, 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. extremely friendly staff, I felt at home since day one. They even helped me get a job and get on my feet. when I left Lincoln they helped me sell my car! :) if it wasn't for the port Lincoln YHA I would have had a different experience here in Lincoln.

Room Tip: met great people in the dorm rooms! :) all rooms are extremely clean and tidy with lockers so all yo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Jake what can we say, you were a delight and put a smile on our dial ! We were so happy to find a job for you which you put in the hard yard and made it work. It is always sad to see our long term guests and mates leave us but you are all moving on and travelling having many new experiences and meeting beautiful and interesting people, that's what life is all about and Robert and I would love to see you back in Port Lincoln one day or at the least keep in touch! All the best for your exciting future Buddy !!

There are newer reviews for Port Lincoln YHA

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I never expected such a clean and nice hostel! Huge common kitchen with all the facilities. Nice shared bathroom, good bar, beautiful terrace... And the service given by the owners was the best we ever received in a hostel. We had two very nice nights.

• Stayed: April 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our hostel and the standard of our cleanliness. We have had a really good mixture of guests lately and have had the last 2 weekends at 100%. It's been fantastic and really well received, especially by many of our Asian guests. We hope to promote this beautiful part of SA more and more! Keep on having a fantastic time and keep safe!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

What a great place clean and modern and well equipped. Everything has been thought of, its an example for other hostels. The owners are very hands on and will do whatever they can to help you out and were very kind to me. I did not want to leave, if your thinking of staying in port lincoln then this is the place to be I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Nice one Jodie! I hope you are feeling better, it was a pleasure to meet you and we wish that you had stayed longer as well. Most people come to Port Lincoln to go shark cage diving, we are trying to tell people to stay longer as it's the first thing that they say on arrival "If we knew it was this nice we would have stayed longer". How exciting your trip was with Calypso seeing 2 big sharks! Next time you come back you will have to go to our National Parks and go sandboarding or surfing! Thank you for your lovely note you left on your bed for me, it bought a tear to my eye!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Absolutely amazing hostel! Deb and Rob are beautiful people who will go out of their way to make sure you have a memorable time! The hostel has a great vibe, they really make you feel like family.
The hostel is spotless, everything is kept in perfect condition. Plenty of room to relax on the beanbags or couches, grab a few drinks from the bar, play table tennis, or watch a movie upstairs in the movie room. Fantastic spacious bathrooms and comfy beds, plus the dorms have huge lockers to fit all your luggage. The kitchen facilities are A+ with everything you could possibly need, and it has all been well looked after.
Rob will be sure to entertain with his endless supply of classic "dad jokes", you can't help but laugh.
Overall I had the best time here, by far the best hotel I have stayed in. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, and I can't wait to return! Thank you Deb and Rob for an incredible week in your hostel :)

• Stayed: April 2014
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

It was a pleasure having you stay with us!! Your time went so quickly with all the tours and sight seeing you did while in Port Lincoln. Sometimes it is more of an experience than a holiday, we try so hard to fit so much in but in the end it's worth it !! Hope you get to bring your family and friends back here in the near future, I will get Robert to learn some new jokes and tricks. Maybe when you come back I will make you some delicious desserts. Until then keep on loving life!!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you're going to Port Lincoln for a couple of days and don't want to feel like a stranger - stay in the port Lincoln YHA. It's very clean, really good equipped, comfortable and has everything you need. As soon as you come in your welcome and in very good hands! They find a solution for every problem and organise your lift to the airport or where ever you have to go. You can completely enjoy the time your here without worrying about something! The nicest, friendliest and most warm-hearted Hostel I've been.

Room Tip: All rooms are really huge and you have more than enough space!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

That review is straight from the heart, thank you. Robert and I try to help everybody have a good time, a lot depends on the guests if they like to mix in or not. Robert is still telling his jokes and playing tricks on people. Although just lately we have had a few guests stay that have got him back, which is fun!! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can stay the best hostel in S.A. Hope that you keep on travelling and get to see us again in the near future!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hands down, this i THE best hostel i Australia. YHA usually maintain high standards but this is something the hostel industry hasn't seen. The building is an old squash court and the ceilings are very high which brings a really nice atmosphere to the whole place. It also contributes to the spacious feeling that surrounds the whole hostel.

The hostel is super clean and Debi will let you know if you forgot to clean something. The whole hostel smells new and the facilities are great. Enjoy a movie lying on one of the bean bags in the movie room which feels like a movie lounge in some rich person's mansion.

Even if you aren't a backpacker this place accommodates couples or families and the private rooms hold Hotel Standards. If you are going to Port Lincoln you would be silly if you stayed somewhere else!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

OMG you can come back to stay anytime, thank you so much what a great review. Robert and I love the variety of guests that stay with us, it makes our job so easy when everybody enjoys spending time with each other. We miss listening to your guitar playing and Tal's singing that was lovely, thank you. Robert and I can't wait for you to come back and stay with us, until then enjoy life!!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This Hostel was the best I have ever been to. The staff is very kind and Debi is a sort of mommy, who cares about everyone and she tries to help as much as possible. Unfortunately we didn't see the sharks at our cage diving, so we'll come back for sure.
Cheers Eddy

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
PortLincolnYHA, Owner at Port Lincoln YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Sorry to hear that you didn't see any sharks, that is in natures hands unfortunately. We aim to be and stay the best hostel experience for all that stay with us and for those who have not yet stayed with us ! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you when your in Port Lincoln to see the Great Whites again. Keep an eye on Calypso shark sightings and also our facebook page for cheaper flights. Until then enjoy life!!