Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Calypso Star Charters provides the ultimate one day adventure activity, cage diving with the Great White Sharks! Our business has been operating for over 20 years and boasts a highly successful history. We are the only Advanced Eco Certified business providing the one day charter that also holds a license to berley, giving us a greater chance of attracting the Great Whites to our vessel and keeping them in close proximity! In October 2011 we launched our new vessel, MV Calypso Star 2. The vessel is state of the art and provides all guests with the best in comfort, safety and all the creatures comfort of home, including hot showers! Dont miss your opportunity to be mesmerised by these remarkable creatures as you see them face to face in their natural environment from the safety of our cage, in the clear waters surrounding the Neptune IslandsWith the success of the addition of the new vessel, we saw the opportunity to expand our business operation and offer our customers more than just the one experience. This saw the introduction of our Swim with the Sealions tours in 2011. All aboard the MV Calypso Star for a journey to the playground of the seas very cute and very playful 'puppy dogs', the Australian Sea Lions at Hopkins Island. From the moment we arrive the Sea Lions bound out to the vessel excitedly inviting the guests to join them. The tour provides the opportunity to jump in and swim, viewing the mesmerised skills and abilities of these gorgeous animals, or sit back and enjoy the action from the comfort of the vessel. The tour is interaction guaranteed, environmentally conscious, educational and a whole lot of fun for the whole family!
Perth, Australia
“Mean As”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had the Best Day! Would reccommend others to take a weekday tour as the Weekend was crowded but very fun non the-less
Will DEFINATELY RECCOMMEND.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

CalypsoManagement, Manager at Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Very happy to hear you had the best day out with us Emma! The weekends can sometimes get quite heavily booked so it is good to allow yourself a couple of days here in case you want to swap, or want extra time to do the sealions or tuna tours.
Thanks for joining us in July and for writing a review, greatly appreciate it :)

Manchester
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was the best trip I've ever done....boat was awesome, food was awesome, crew were seriously awesome.....definately recommend it!!!!

Visited October 2013
CalypsoManagement, Manager at Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We pride ourselves on the people we have, the service we provide and the all round experience so I am very glad to hear that everything was awesome for you, especially travelling so far to experience this.
Thanks for coming onboard and for writing a review!
Perth, Australia
“The best experience of my life!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cage diving with great whites was right at the very top of my bucket list, and I've been wanting to do this for years so I was a little bit anxious that it wouldn't live up to expectation. However, this trip surpassed all of my expectations, it was simply amazing!! The crew on the boat were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, they were informative and answered any questions I had. The dive itself is well organised and the crew bait the sharks to the cage to ensure you get maximum viewing. We saw 8 sharks in total that day and had 5 around the cage whilst I dived and you're in the cage for 45 minutes in total, although if you need to you can get out of the cage at any time. When you're not in the cage you still get amazing views of the great whites and the oppportunity to take some stunning photos.

You may see the price of this trip and think its too expensive or is it really worth it and my answer is do it! Its worth every cent and more! Next time I find myself in South Australia I'll be back to swim with more sharks.

Visited October 2013
With 8 sharks on the day you were out with us, it couldn't really have gotten too much better! I'm sure you will agree with us that this should be at the top of everyone's bucket list as it is a must do activity to truly appreciate the grace of these amazing creatures.
I am stoked to hear we surpassed your expectations and provided you with great viewing, photographs and memories of an awesome day. We would love to see you back out with us next time you are in South Australia :)
Melbourne, Australia
“Incredible trip”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is by far the best thing that I have done here in Australia while studying abroad and traveling for the semester. The crew and skipper are great at their jobs and are awesome fun people to be out on the water with all day. The sharks were AWESOME, it was such a crazy experience. So glad I did it, and I hope one day I can do it again.

Visited October 2013
And what a great shot you have to capture the moment there! I am so pleased you were able to travel to Port Lincoln whilst here for your studies to participate in one of our tours and to have the ultimate encounter with the Great White sharks. Thank you for being a part of the day and for writing a review of your trip for others to read.
We certainly hope you can join us again one day :)
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Trip!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

From the staff in the office to on the boat, everyone at Calypso star is really helpful and friendly and you can tell that they really want you to have the best experience you can. It takes about 2.5 hours to get to the Neptune Islands but the journey is really comfortable on the boat with plenty of food, coffee/tea and soft drinks available. They also show lots of interesting shark documentaries on the several screens in the boat. When you get to the Neptune Islands they throw out the bait and it took about 1.5 hours for the sharks to come but when they did it was definitely worth the wait. Whilst you're waiting, the staff give you wetsuits and gear and they also let you practice breathing with the mask on to make sure you're comfortable when you are under the water. Once the sharks arrive they send you down into the cage in groups of 5/6 for 45mins-1 hour. It is so amazing to see the sharks swimming around and eating the bait from underwater. They get really close but it's not scary because the cage is so secure. At first, I wasn't sure whether the trip would be worth the money but I am so glad I decided to go because it is an experience I will never forget. Being inches from great white sharks is amazing! If you want to go shark diving then you should choose this company. You will not regret it!

1 Thank Hannah B
Hi Hannah
Thank you for your glowing review of all the staff involved in our business. Service starts with the office so we ensure that everyone's first contact with us is a pleasant one and that it continues all the way through.
Sometimes unfortunately we do have a wait time before the sharks show up but I am glad to hear you were able to pass the time with the documentaries and practicing using the equipment.
Being that close to a Great White is amazing, and indescribable. Thanks for sharing this experience with us!