“Very good trip”

Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Calypso Star Charters provides the ultimate one day adventure activity, cage diving with the Great White Sharks! Our business has been operating for over 20 years and boasts a highly successful history. We are the only Advanced Eco Certified business providing the one day charter that also holds a license to berley, giving us a greater chance of attracting the Great Whites to our vessel and keeping them in close proximity! In October 2011 we launched our new vessel, MV Calypso Star 2. The vessel is state of the art and provides all guests with the best in comfort, safety and all the creatures comfort of home, including hot showers! Dont miss your opportunity to be mesmerised by these remarkable creatures as you see them face to face in their natural environment from the safety of our cage, in the clear waters surrounding the Neptune IslandsWith the success of the addition of the new vessel, we saw the opportunity to expand our business operation and offer our customers more than just the one experience. This saw the introduction of our Swim with the Sealions tours in 2011. All aboard the MV Calypso Star for a journey to the playground of the seas very cute and very playful 'puppy dogs', the Australian Sea Lions at Hopkins Island. From the moment we arrive the Sea Lions bound out to the vessel excitedly inviting the guests to join them. The tour provides the opportunity to jump in and swim, viewing the mesmerised skills and abilities of these gorgeous animals, or sit back and enjoy the action from the comfort of the vessel. The tour is interaction guaranteed, environmentally conscious, educational and a whole lot of fun for the whole family!
Hook, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Very good trip”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My booking with Adventure Bay Charters was transferred to Star Calypso by ABC due to a lack of minimum numbers,
On arrival, there was no issue, and i was already on the list.

The whole day resulted in being buffeted by the waves, even when anchored at Neptune islands, but that was unavoidable. A few of us did suffer as a result, but this is outside the control of the crew!

Complimentary Food and drink was provided, and personally, i think charging for alcoholic drinks is quite correct.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip, with 3 great whites spending most of their day with us. The time in the cage was quite rocky due to the elements, which required effort to hang on at times, but was achievable.

The staff were helpful and quite friendly.

A long but really good day out,

Even though i have never suffered sea sickness before, i would suggest making it known that they sell Kwells on board, although in the future, i would take a suitable anti-emetic anyway, just in case.

1 Thank J D
CalypsoManagement, Manager at Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We are very pleased that you were able to come onboard with us and have your amazing close encounter with the Great White Sharks. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with others. We are glad you had a fantastic trip and got to see 3 sharks whilst onboard :)

Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

From start 2 finish, the whole day was amazing, the crew on board were so friendly and informative, the meals were fantastic, then came the shark dive, unreal, I'll never 4get that day. Cant add any suggestions, Calypso had everything spot on and made 1 of the things I always wanted to do even better than I could expect. Thank you once again to all the crew on board. ;))

Visited December 2012
CalypsoManagement, Manager at Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We are stoked that we were able to make this experience more than you expected as we are always striving to exceed our customers expectations.
Thanks for coming out and being a part of the tour that day. It is great to hear that it was amazing from start to finish.
Hopefully we can welcome you onboard again one day :)
Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia
“Just an amazing day!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The best tour I've done in Australia. Nice crew and they feed you all the time with fruits, cakes etc. You even have breakfast included. You feel 100% safe during your dive and you stay there for 45 minutes. The sharks came really close to the cage, defienlty buy an underwater camera for this! And when other people are doing the dive you still get to see the shakrs attack the bait on the surface. A must do!

Visited December 2012
Wow, what an honour to that you feel we are the best tour you have done in Australia! Thank you for your fabulous review of your experience. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your trip out with us and got to view these remarkable creatures up close.
Yes everything is provided including breakfast, meaning it really is an all inclusive charter. And we have to agree, it is a must do!
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Two and a half hours out to the Neptune Islands, past the seal colony, we finally put down anchor. Sea was very rough, but lots of easy to follow instructions and run through's by the crew. Many thanks to Andrew and Amy and the rest of the crew for their patience and understanding, as many of us fell to the evil of sea sickness!
Sea sickness not withstanding, I squeezed myself into the wetsuit, and awaited my turn. There were approximately 30 others going in the cage that day, and we were slotted to go in in groups of 6.
Not long after they threw out some baits, and burley, along came the whites. We managed to see three, and they are scary out of the water as they are in it.
It was extremely rough down in the cage, and you get thrown around a lot, but hanging on tight, I was in awe of these powerful and feared creatures. I sure wouldn't like to come across one outside of a cage.
I was also very surprised to see how high these sharks can leap out of the water, when going for the bait. They have earned their rep for being scary!
Unfortunately I was unable to partake in the food, but it looked delicious.
I was very glad to get back on terra firma, and so was my stomach.
This was a fantastic experience, and I would recommend it for sure. Hats off to the crew, they were great!

1 Thank RJ T
CalypsoManagement, Manager at Calypso Star Charters - Shark Cage Diving, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy the spread of food due to your seasickness on the day. We are very pleased to hear that you were able to participate in the cage dive and view these spectacular creatures in their own environment. Thank you for coming onboard and sharing the day with us!
Port Elliot, Australia
“Best Day of My Life!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I wanted to do something spectacular to mark the occasion of my 40th Birthday and could think of nothing more spectacular than diving with Great Whites!

I told my 8 year old son what I was planning on doing and he was excited to come along for the ride. At first I didn't book him in to do the cage dive as I thought he might be a bit scared but the confidence of the crew and excitement of being that close to these majestic giants in a very 'well built' underwater cage, to my surprise, made him the first to be suited up and in the cage!

We loved the boat ride out to the Neptune Islands and the food was fresh, wholesome and tasty (and so much of it!). The crew were friendly and I felt completely comfortable and looked after the entire trip.

The first time I was in the cage I was a little overwhelmed and obviously preoccupied with keeping an eye on my son but was very happy to get up close and personal with these graceful and intruiging animals. I decided to go in again (but this time without my son) and Oh My God it was AMAZING!!! We saw six Great Whites and I can honestly say it was truly THE best day of my life! I would totally recommend this trip and I will definitely be doing it again!!

Kerri Bartley
Port Elliot, South Australia

Visited October 2012
What a spectactular way to mark your 40th birthday, with an unforgettable trip to the Neptune Islands!, and sharing this encounter with your son!
Thank you for your fantastic review of your trip out with us. We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your trip and got to meet six great whites!
We look forward to welcoming you onboard again in the future :)