“Shark Cage Diving and Sleepign in comfort!”
Review of Port Lincoln Hotel

Port Lincoln Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Port Lincoln
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friend Phil and I visited Port Lincoln and stayed at the self titled hotel with mine host Di providing all the support, advice and help you could need. Personally I've travelled and stayed all over the world and whether it was a gir tent in Mongolia, a B and B in Nice, The Marriot in New York or the Ramada in Fishkill , 5 to 1 star, my biggest problem has been a comfortable bed. What an incredible bonus then to stay at the Port Lincoln and lay on that bed and find it like the one I have at home, a pillowtop and as comfortable bed as I've ever slept in!
Perfect for a 13 day tour at sea the following day to see the Great White sharks in action.
Finally a hotel that considers a good night sleep as its main aim!!!! So to Di and all the amazing staff at the Port Lincoln, thanks for making our stay so memorable! We will be directing all our friends to your venue!

Room Tip: Choose any room - they ALL have comfortable beds with pillow top mattresses! Of course it is more ex...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris L
portlincolnhotel, Manager at Port Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Chris,

What a great TripAdvisor review - thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about your recent trip to the Eyre Peninsula and your stay here at the Port Lincoln Hotel.

You are very kind to write a review about the assistance and tips offered to make the most of your stay here in Port Lincoln - it is what we try to do each time with guests. It's important to us that visitors get out and about, sample the local produce and explore the land and water based activities.

The feedback we receive about the 'Cloud Toppers' on our beds is always nice to read - as yes, we are a hotel that cares about people's comfort and a good night of rest.

Chris, I hope you and Phil do come back here for another visit with friends - your cricket trip would be most welcome!

Thanks again, I do appreciate the feedback as do the hard working staff here,
Cheers,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights January 2013, Excellent staff, ultra clean room. Fantastic meals in Sharkys. Position fantastic overlooking Boston Bay and shopping and beach so close. We will be back. Paul & Ros.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms excellent for views and privacy!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie255093
portlincolnhotel, Public Relations Manager at Port Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Paul and Ros,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor - I am very happy to read you both enjoyed your comfortable stay, the clean rooms and the local shopping!

The view from Boston Bay from our ocean view rooms, or top floor suites is quite spectacular. We often receive feedback that it is worth paying that little bit extra to enjoy the view.

We hope to see you both back here again in the near future,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here primarily as I wanted to go cage diving and the Port Lincoln Hotel was the best rated accommodation in Port Lincoln. First the positive. The staff were friendly and efficient. They checked us in quickly and took care of the shuttle from the hotel to the marina for the cage dive.

Now the negatives. I had booked months ago and booked a king size bed with the "stunning ocean view". We got 2 queen size beds and the view consisted mostly of a dirty tin roof and trees. My partner complained and asked for another room. She was told bad luck, they were fully booked out. For a stunning ocean view we had to go to the restaurant or the swimming pool. Which leads to another story.

The pool looks great and the view from the pool is incredible. However there is no shade whatsoever. Also the pool is supposed to be solar heated. It was freezing when we were there and the sun was certainly shining.

Overall, disappointing.

Room Tip: When you book a "stunning ocean view". Ask what floor you are on? Don't accept accept...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew764
portlincolnhotel, Public Relations Manager at Port Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Andrew,

I am delighted you and your wife came from Melbourne to enjoy a holiday in Port Lincoln and a shark cage dive. It's an amazing experience and I hope you have told your friends it's a must do.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff - welcoming you and being efficient, friendly and assisting with transfer bookings with the shark cage dive.

In regards to the room and your request for a king bed that was not followed up on allocation, I am sorry. I was disturbed to read that one of our staff told your wife 'bad luck' given we were booked out. I am confident our staff would never so that to a customer - so I am disappointed to learn you felt this was the case. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will happily follow up with the Rooms Division Manager.

As I have said to someone else who commented on the solar heated pool being cold - Port Lincoln has not experienced many consecutive days over a certain temperature where the winter chill can be taken off the water. We are looking into alternative heating at the moment.

So I am sorry that your overall experience with us was disappointing. If you decide to come back and visit us again soon, which I hope you do, I hope it is more enjoyable for you and your wife.

Best wishes and a happy new year to you and your wife,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

lovely large hotel which is spotless and the staff very helpfull! i myself and am disable in that i have no legs but the hotel is fully accessible in all areas! highly reccomended.
the food and drink is all top class aswell!!

Room Tip: there are balconys available if you ask and the view from the rooms varys so ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben S

Dear Ben S,

It was our pleasure to have you come and stay with us - and so delighted you not only enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, but a shark cage dive and delicious food and drinks to celebrate!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again when you next visit Australia.

Thank you for your comments, as well as having the determination to fulfill a life long dream of a shark cage dive, despite your disability and life challenge. I am glad we were able to make you feel comfortable here at the Port Lincoln Hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Port Licoln Hotel is located a short distance from Port Lincoln airport and overlooks the beautiful bay. The rooms are immaculate mine had a generous size bath and shower, plasma tv and everything I needed including tea,coffee and mini bar which was restocked daily. There is also a pool, gymnasium and guest laundry room . You can choose to either eat in the bar or Sarins restaraunt or food can be delivered to your room. Breakfast was included in our package and once again there was a large selection of cold or hot food to choose from and tea and coffee was served by the staff at your table. All of the staff are amazingly helpful and very well presented my son and I had such a great time here we did not want to leave and would certainly visit again and recommend this to all our friends and family ..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Maxine,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor - the feedback you have provided about the staff and the service is what we strive for.

I appreciate the comments you have made and look forward to welcoming you and your son back again soon,

Best wishes and thank you again,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location and the views from the balcony were great, we enjoyed wine, fresh local seafood and the view.

My wife and I travelled by motorbike to Port Lincoln from Adelaide and were looking forward to a great romantic getaway, both of us havent been to Port Lincoln for some years.

Reception staff and the morning staff in Sarin's where gruff and not to engaging, they provided the service but lacked a happy demenour and attention to customers requests.

We paid for a spa suite and a king bed and recieved two singles pushed together with a mountain in the middle, this is not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel. I had terrible sleep, and my wife aggravated her back due to the shocking state of this bedding.

We are both seasoned travellers and found this hotel lacking, too much promotion and not enough attention to customers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred D
portlincolnhotel, Public Relations Manager at Port Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Fred D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Port Lincoln Hotel. I would like to discuss your concerns regarding the bedding and the staff. I have followed up with reservations to try and find a booking for 'Fred D' in December, but no luck.

I look forward to hearing from you on 08 8621 2000 so I can learn more about your concerns and see what I can do to ensure you that we strive to deliver what we promote and win awards for. I am always disappointed when I read this hasn't happened.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

On the surface this a nice place, but where they get you is on the internet. If you want to use it, it is $10 for 2 hours... which seems fine until you find out it is only 50 MB of data!

In other words, you will be able to answer maybe 3 emails or go on Facebook for 15 minutes then you will have to pay another $10 to continue. Complained to Front Desk and they were unapologetic and offered no help. If you are a business traveler or even care about checking your email or Facebook when on vacation this hotel is NOT for you

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank CraigClemens

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience with us here at the Port Lincoln Hotel. I apologise that you were not happy with service we were able to provide, as well as feeling the staff did not handle your concerns as they should have.

We are in the process of looking at our WIFI capabilities and contract at the moment, so I do thank you for putting your comments in writing. When the hotel was built, we were able to have the best system availalbe installed- but clearly this requires upgrading and we are looking into this now across all hotel areas.

Thank you again for your honest feedback - I do hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise. I see you enjoyed seafood in Sarin's Restaurant and I believe a shark cage dive - so thank you for visiting and safe travels home.