“Old fashioned hotel with restaurant feel”
Review of Hotel Elliot

Hotel Elliot
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Port Elliot
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012

One of the best pubs south of Adelaide and has been for some years. Open fires in the front room in winter, big back room for functions can be noisy. Consistent food and big wine list. The staff try very hard and that's what you expect.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Staff are friendly and welcoming. Schnitzel was overcooked. Lamb Shank was monstrous & well done, but swimming in a lot of sauce - huge meal. Prices reasonable. Ambience ok - typical country pub with happy staff & hearty meals.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I make the trip to PE on a regular basis and stop of at the Elliot very time. It gets better and better. The service in particular has improved dramatically. It's great to be served by smiling faces. Food is always very good.

1  Thank CNTJVT
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Last time I went here I ordered a schnitzel which was over cooked, so that was a let down, but other occasions my meals have been pretty good.

A previous time I dined with a large group of friends and it took a very long time for our meals to come out. The entertainment for the night, Jay Hoad had already started playing his guitar before our meals were served - around 9pm which was very disappointing.
(we had all ordered by 7pm after arriving at 6pm)
We were hoping for dessert that night, but were not even asked if we would like to have any tea, coffee or dessert and noticed that the cakes fridge had been cleaned out for the night - so a few were left still hungry, as they purposely ordered an entree size main meal to fit dessert in.

Overall, not a bad place to go as the meals are OK, but just be prepared to wait!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Went there for lunch with my partner,no crowds there so service was good,fast and very pleasant waitress that day.Our meals came and so big I could not eat it all,well worth the money for sure.Large range of choice on the menu,they gave us two to look at,one being the Friday daily specials.We both went for the normal menu,I had seafood and my hubby had steak,which he said was so tender he really enjoyed it.No room for desserts after a large meal,but boy they sure looked yummy under the glass cabinet.Wine list is also good.Place is very clean and well kept,outdoor smoking area there too,with large shade to sit under.Saw a very large range of icecreams there also,would of been yummy if it was a hot day that day to enjoy one afterwards.Right next to train line so easy to get on /off train when it runs on weekends and mid week for a meal there.Really like it very much.