“Zero customer service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Murray Bridge
Adelaide, Australia
“Zero customer service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Called to book - could not book over the phone - needed to book on net. Found it difficult to find - not signed very well. Arrived at 4pm Unloaded vehicle - arrived at entrance - door locked rang bell no answer. Seen sign that stated reception open 8am to 8pm after hours call this number. I called the number to be told over the phone I needed to walk further down the street - with my luggage, enter security code to access, climb steep stairs and room key is in the door. Room not the cleanest and food available in room is out of best by date. Not a lot of thought about customer service from owners/managers - disappointing especially for expensive price!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank 7Mich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I found phoning the number for reception a bit different but easy to gain access. I hit my head on the door closer arm, and this should be looked at. I was disappointed that we had to use shared bathroom facilities down the hallway - I do not remember this being mentioned when booking. There were no facilities for making a coffee etc. and disappointed in this. The communal kitchen looked like it had been cleared out before we could use it. Comfortable 4 poster bed.

Room Tip: Seems having access to the shared balcony is a useless feature. Could not fathom why anyone would wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David592013
jenandmum
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I arrived just on dark and wasn't too pleased that I had to stand on the desserted street and phone for instructions to to get in. The owner was pleasant and gave me instructions but said he was actually out of the state. The stairs were very steep and I struggled with my luggage as I had hurt my hand the day before. Luckily the room was very nice and comfortable (best shower I have ever had) however I felt most unsafe as a female travelling alone. Friday night wasn't too bad but the next night I was sure I was the only person in the whole building. The communal kitchen was nothing more than a microwave which was actually dirty. There was no sink or cloths to clean it so I was unable to use it. Mostly i was disappointed by the whole experience. last time I stayed at Adelaide Motel which was clean and fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank jenandmum

Travelers are raving about these Murray Bridge hotels

Nathalia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. convenient proximity to adelaide and made our long drive easier with only one hour to Morphettville races on Saturday, and back to Murray Bridge Sat night taking an hour off our long drive Sunday.
we did take into consideration previous travellers advice and elected to stay in a baclony room. well worthwhile. lovely room, beautiful decor, great bathroom, Having again taken into consideration a tripadvisor review re stairs, we took two overnight bags instead of suitcase. much easier.
was a little strange to find reception not attended, however, access was made very easy,
and it certainly created no problems.

Room Tip: be aware that some rooms do have shared bathroom, not ensuite. balcony room was great and worth a l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robyneblee
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You would think, that by the name, that one would expect stairs to get to your room. I have read past reviews on the Balcony, and wonder if people actually read! We did not find the stairs a problem, and are both in our fifties and average fitness. I do understand that some would find it a challenge, especially with heavy luggage. That being said, we found the room spacious, clean, well appointed and quiet. Our hosts were pleasant & friendly, ensured our comfort and needs were met. On this occasion we took the large suite, which was once the managers quarters. Ridiculously good value for what is virtually a 3 bed apartment, large double spa, lounge and full kitchen. Perfect for families & those that like space. The defining feature of any accomodation for me is the bed. Balcony has provided guests with quality & comfort in this regard. While I am not fussy, I DO love a comfy bed. Now my choice of accomodation at the Bridge. Please do read the CONDITIONS when booking, they are clear, if not a tad quirky, epecially the charge for ARRIVING after 9pm

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill_of_adelaide
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just a quick overnight trip with friends. Room was spacious and well appointed. Very well priced, so excellent value for money. Recommend the revamped front rooms with balcony, rather than cheaper 4 poster ones, unless you prefer quirky to comfort. These have R/C aircon, are ery clean, with large double shower and kingside beds. Gas heaters on balcony were a bonus. Will stay again.

Room Tip: 4 poster rooms a little cramped, but adequate, and bathrooms very quirky and not heated. Worth spend...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eileen E
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

For anyone who is not from Australia this place isn't up to scratch! The information you get on the Internet isn’t accurate at all. For us a room in a Hotel always has a bathroom and if you take a Suite it has 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. So maybe Australia is the only country in which you always have to ask for an en-suite room, to be certain to get a bathroom.

Then the staff, sorry but we never saw anyone and there is no reception, so what a surprise when we arrived late (we phoned to warned that we would arrive around 7PM) that everything was dark and all the doors were closed. We had to call again with an overseas phone!!!! to get information on how to get in. What a bad surprise when we saw the stairs, because no lift, a very long and steep one. What a joy to carry our 30 kg suitcase up them. Our room wasn't bad but others are not that great especially for the price (door doesn't close well, no sockets in bathroom).

When we called the manager to tell him we wanted to cancel our 2nd night, he offered to see us the next morning. What a pretentious and unfriendly person. He didn't accept any critics and he wasn't willing to find any agreement to suit both parties. So we never got a refund for the 2nd night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very strangely the stairs that we had used the day before became the emergency exit and he had opened the nice and more accessible stairs.

I have no idea where that man learned his job but he is not a good example at all. He clearly lacks general business acumen, common courtesy and is a total embarrassment to this industry, and he should seriously question his employment within it.
We left Murray Bridge and drove to Melbourne in total disbelief as to how bad this experience was, thinking to ourselves, well that’s how not to run a business!!!!

I have been to Australia many times and I never came across such a disappointment on a place that seemed so nice on the Internet. Now you have been warned

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 6 in Murray Bridge
Motel River Bend
Motel River Bend
#1 of 1 in Tailem Bend

Been to Balcony On Sixth Lodge? Share your experiences!