“Good Food.”

The Barker Hotel
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Mount Barker
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Barker Hotel is a hotel for everyone, young and old! Whether you are after traditional pub-grub or something a little bit more fancy, The Barker Hotel has the perfect dish for you! Take advantage of our weekly food specials, monthly drink specials and live entertainment. Mondays: Gourmet Pie Day $16.90 Tuesdays: Schnitzel Day from $13.90 Wednesdays: Bump-day Burgers from $15.90 & family Magician 6-8pm Thursdays: Steak Day from $18.90 & Quizmeisters Quiz Night from 7.30pm Fridays: DJ from 9.30pm Saturdays: Live entertainment from 8.30pm All day dining Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I liked the variey of the hotel, not just snitzels as most hotels go. I enjoyed the people watching as the clientel was a variety of folks from all walks of life.

2  Thank Sandy M

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Food was typical modern pub food. Nothing special. Service was a bit slow. The whole renovation of the hotel is very good, reminds me of the belair Hotel decor.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went with a friend for Sat lunch after we had visited the Mt Barker Farmers Market. I was aware the hotel had been refurbished and thought it was time for a visit. Well I was so glad we did. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and ordering was a breeze. The bistro had a very comprehensive menu and specials list, and the wine menu featured very good local wineries.
My friend was looking for a "gluten free" meal, and was more than adequately catered for (the staff were again extremely helpful with this point and had a good knowledge of what was available to order, which was an enormous plus!) I had the roast of the day - roast pork. What a memorable meal, lovely lean pork and the veges were prepared perfectly (inclusive of about 5 or 6 varieties), and just the right amount of gravy. The roasted and steamed vegies were truly varied and flavoursome and not just "peas & potatoes" (who knew I could get this excited about veg!) The meals were delivered in good time, of which we were thankful. Highly recommend - and I'm now keen to back with the family to celebrate my son's birthday later this month.

1  Thank Kaz780_11
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2012

have been here a few times now and can honestly say the food and ambience is great however service on busy days is way below par, over 2 hours for our party of 10 to start getting food with no word of apology without us asking the staff what was happening.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We visited the barker during the hoot jazz festival. It was very busy but our food was served very quickly and drinks readily available. There are lots of fire places and lounges to sit and enjoy a lazy afternoon and it would easily cater for larger groups visiting the hotel. I had the porterhouse schnitty, which was really lovely. It was not your typical thin beef schnitty, it was a nice thick steak, and the mushroom gravy was really nice. My partner had the hot dog, which is served with tabouli, mushroom and sauce, which he said was nice. The beer selection was ok, nothing too exciting or different. Out door area is a bit average. Main street location, so no views.

1  Thank MusterSouthAustralia