Serafino McLaren Vale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
McLaren Vale Motel & Apartments(McLaren Vale)(Great Value!)
$100
$96
Priceline
  • Pool
COAST Motel and Apartments(Port Noarlunga)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$198
$192
Stamford Grand Adelaide(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$158
$99
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$82
$68
$89
$83
Agoda.com
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$114
$95
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewscellar doorroom was largewine tastinggrounds are beautifulducks and geesetasting roomfriday afternoonwhole complextasting areamid weekreception staffcooked breakfastspa roomlovely settinggum treesworld classan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been twice to Serafino's and was pleased both times I went there.
The bruschetta is delicious, its warm bread and tomato with cold buffalo mozzarella on top and the hot and cold flavour works really well.

The chicken is a must, and so is their Paella - best PaelIa I have found anywhere hands down.
It is expensive, but will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Smart03, Manager at Serafino McLaren Vale, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, thank you for the positive feedback. The paella is delicious. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us and also enjoy the relaxing environment, Serafino cellar door wine tasting and McLaren Vale region. regards New management

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Epic fail in customer service, we were charged $8 for a pot of English Breakfast tea (for 2) with 1 tea bag in the pot?? Very stingey!! The table service had to be chased down and requested. The carpet in the dining room really needs a good clean.
I mis heard the manager the previous day at check in and we arrived at the dining room at the agreed upon time for our breakfast; apparently I had ordered the complimentary hamper to come to our room which according to our friends was very nice.

I had the waitress and manager standing over me in the dining room giving me the look of a naughty school boy as I wasn't supposed to be in the dining room for breakfast.

We chose to eat with other members of our party after A Day On The Green at Leconfield Winery the before. I asked if we could move to the dining room for breakfast as we had not seen our hamper as yet at our room.

Are we not paying guests? We were told we can have our breakfast in the dining room and then were charged $18 for the bad service (tea not included in what was a complimentary breakfast) $10 because we are going to dirty the linen??

The cleaners started cleaning the floors in reception and the smell of bleach was strong in the didning room, the table service had to be sought from the kitchen - the training of the staff seems to be non-existant.

The phone rang loudly in reception until it rang out (very loudly) while we had beautiful views over the lake. The very young manager was overly officious and needed to remember that she is a hostess not a school teacher in charge of small children. A large customer service fail, I would suggest anyone eat at Bracegirdles in the main street, beautiful food, friendly service.

To be charged for an upgrade to breakfast in the diding room when it was to be complimentary was farcical...Training required, you are in the hospitality industry it is basic stuff; we left there speechless not just because of our big day out at the concert unfortunately.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kevin, we apologise for the disappointing experience at Serafino. We are reviewing the breakfast on offer as well as investing further training in staff regarding customer service. We trust you will choose Serafino in the future. regards New management

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Very close to the town of McLaren Vale, and the popular wineries. It is also very close to the beaches. The rooms are a good size, and all look out to the pool area. We didn't go to the restaurant. Lovely two-day stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Sir/Madam. thank you for your positive feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return. regards New management

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Huge lovely Spa rooms with front and back entrances. Parking in front of the room and lots of nature around this hotel. Loved watching the birds and enjoyed aussie nature while sitting out in front of my room. Very close to all the wineries which are in a radius of about 5 kms. Reception and staff are very friendly. A special thanks to Mr Edward for his very friendly attitude which made our stay very enjoyable. Just the right place to relax and chill out while visiting the wineries.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David F

Dear David, thank you for the wonderful feedback. We do get it right and 5/5 is very impressive. We invite you back to Serafino on your next trip to Australia. regards New management

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Lovely setting and atmosphere. Comfortable chairs and lovely table setting. Unfortunately things slid down hill from there. My husband had pork belly for entree which was tough however the apple and carrot purée was lovely. I had the haloumi which in no way resembled haloumi that I have ever had. Very firm,as in hard to cut through and resembling the consistency I imagine of an old worn out sponge. Orange pomegranate molasses dates and asparagus accompanied and were lovely on their own. Babaganoush an extra strange addition. My husbands main he describes as lackluster. Soggy skin and flush with no flavor. I had the dukkah crusted barramundi which was overcooked as were the scallops and the dukkah crust had been forgotten. When I mentioned to the waiter that the dukkah crust was missing he kindly offered us a dessert at no cost. We opted for the cheese plate as a safe bet and as we were still hungry. But alas it was also disappointing. All cheeses rested upon each other the bookends being two slabs of identical cheddar and served quickly and therefore very cold. This was served with no fresh fruit some dried fruit and a little pile of what could only be described as a crushed trail mix. Throughout the night the service provided by the waiter was lovely and professional unlike the waitress who does not enjoy her job and virtually chucked plates and cutlery sporadically down on ours and tables surrounding.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple