“Even better!”

Bracegirdles
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in McLaren Vale
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Even better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I didn't think I could like this one better than the Toorak Gardens Bracegirdles in Adelaide, but there's a great atmosphere here and I swear an even larger selection of delicious stuff here. Great coffee and hot chocolate with a variety of seating options outside and cosy interior.

Visited March 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“First visit was fantastic today's was not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went to brace girdles today for a family celebration and was some what disappointed .the service that we normally have received on other visits was very lacking. We wanted to order chicken burgers - no chicken . ordered milkshake and received a frappe and had to ask 3 times for water for the table which only came after I went to the counter and asked for it for the third time. Very disappointed as in the past have raved about the premises. Hopefully this was alone off as we love the chocolate

• Visited April 2013
“great cofffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

coffee and cake here take a lot of beating,and brunch looks to be a great way to go after a sleep in if you are visiting

Visited January 2013
leven
“CHOCOLATE UTOPIA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

A really chocolately experience at Bracegirdle. Had three excellent evening meals, several hot chocolates and a tasting of their delicious range of handmade chocolates. Staff are really nice and helpful, ambiance is excellent a real treat. Food was very tasty and they have a great choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as hot chocolate, Yummy. All in all a great experience would certainly recommend a visit to try out their chocolatey tasty bites.

• Visited March 2013
“Delicious mains, gorgeous setting, needs music..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner as something different - I love Bracegirdles Glenelg for their chocolates and desserts and I'm positive they'd be just as delicious here! However, we had a box of fine chocolates waiting for us at home so we opted just for mains.

Both my boyfriend and I had the lamb shanks which were not overly pricy ($23) and were not at all disappointed when our meals came out! Two large slow cooked shanks on mash and spinach with sweet potato chips on top which were amazing! I couldnt eat all mine - which was not an indication of their taste, but their size! My boyfriend happily ate what I could not!

We also had a house-made drink each which were a litrle on the expensive side - $8 each for a strawberey and cream milkshake and a fruit frappe...but they were delicious!

The staff at the counter were not outstandingly friendly, but nor were they rude. Our waitress, however, was exceptionally friendly with maybe a little too good-a-hearing and quick to answer our questions, despite them being more directed to one another than her. The meals and drinks also came out very quickly so no complaints there!

Possibly the only downfall was a lack of music playing to create some kind of atmosphere. The tables weren't overly close to one another but with only 2 other couples in the front of the restaurant, there was very little background noise and I felt I almost had to whisper our conversation so other customers didnt listen in.

All in all, a delightful meal and I would certainly return!