“Excellent Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tin Shed
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in McLaren Vale
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual dining, versatile menu
“Excellent Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We liked the way that the staff were welcoming, the coffees came very quickly and the food was delivered to our table in short time. The coffee and food were both excellent. We went back a number of times to the same welcome, same quality of food and drinks. Sadly we missed out on the Texmex night (Thursdays) because of other commitments. Will definitely be going back again.

Visited March 2013

“Delish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a lovely meal at the Tin Shed tonight. We ordered the signature platter. Everything was so tasty and delish!
There is not much of an ambience but the food makes up for it.

• Visited March 2013
“A Favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The best coffee, great snacks, deserts and cakes to die for, easy drive from the city. A spot to relax and taste the best the area has to offer.

Visited March 2013
Merseyside
“Great gluten free food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

So came lunch time today, blistering hot and stuffy in McLaren Vale. We came to The Tin Shed (facebook page here) because my Auntie suggested it and again I was delighted to find gluten free food on the menu.

The venue had a very shack like appearance and even had old scrubbed tin cans to hold the sugar sachets on the table, it was too hot to site inside so we sat outside. We had to collect our own menus from the bar and take them to our tables to browse and we had to go to the bar and pay first, there really isn’t a great deal of waiter service here but all in all that doesn’t bother me.

Firstly we ordered our drinks and received a complimentary bottle of chilled water for the table, I really do love this practice in Australian eateries so far. The menu was reasonably priced and had a range of brilliant gluten free options such as the substitution of bread rolls and pizza bases (for a surcharge of $3.50) which is less that others I have seen. Those in the world of gluten free know that these luxuries are hard to come by when eating out so imagine my complete and utter surprise when my main of Salt and Pepper Squid came out CRUMBED … I think I was in a state of shock! The squid was beautifully cooked and incredibly fresh and all for $18.90.

After a mammoth portion of squid and sides we checked out the desserts (again order at the bar), I have not had a dessert here since we made our own polenta cake and I was so pleased when I walked up to the cake counter and saw a covered gluten free fig and orange cake … I mean, really, WOW! It was a large portion of moist tasty cake and wasn’t as heavy as some of the GF cakes I have tried in the past. We were offered another bottle of complimentary water after our meal, but it never came and the heat became too much to bear so we decided to walk to the local bottle shop.

Overall I liked the place, I loved the menu but I feel that the staff are just a little too laid back because it didn’t really feel like they were interested as we didn’t get asked once while we were eating if we were ok or needed any more to drink.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tanya10091
“Great spot for brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice place for a leisurely brunch or lunch. They welcome dogs if you sit outside. Friendly staff who know how to smile.

• Visited January 2013