“Enjoyable meal”

Carmel's Cafe Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in McLaren Vale
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carmel's is a unique restaurant located in the heart of the picturesque McLaren Vale. The Restaurant presents an ever-changing menu focusing on flavors to compliment the extensive wine selection from local wineries. The food is modern Australian twist on American style food as well as a wide range of other dishes.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had an enjoyable meal at Carmel's. The pulled pork dish was delicious, with a scrumptious side salad. The burgers are a must as well. The service was efficient and friendly. Would recommend as a day trip with lunch from Adelaide. Some excellent wineries in this region.

2  Thank brightman
There are newer reviews for Carmel's Cafe Bar and Grill

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went there by chance this week,not booked in but was found a table without having to do so.On walking thru front door was greeted by the owner,who made us very welcome.Good friendly staff there also,very helpful with menu,which I must say was such a big choice that took to a while to make a pick from ,I ended up with the most yummy Pizza(best I have had ever) and hubby had steak which was done to perfection he said.My ,the food on his plate was set out so well,that we took a snap of it on mobphone.The venue is a lovely place to sit in and so relaxing that we both felt like staying longer.It was not at all loud even if a few long tables set up for party i am guessing.Seems very child friendly as well which is good.
Will be back for sure,as not too dear for what we had.

2  Thank awelltraveller
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Went here with friends and from the "cafe bar and grill" title I really wasn't expecting much. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Food quality and presentation is hands down the best I have had in a long long time and the menu is a pleasant change from the norm. I had the pulled-pork for main followed by the fried ice cream, both were exceptional in taste and presented with flair. The chief here obviously cares about the product and it shows. Service was a little bit slow but not unbearably and I guess food of this caliber takes time. Fortunately we live only 20 mins from McLaren Vale so will be back again soon I am sure. This place is a gem

2  Thank sim69417
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My partner & I had a great dinner at Carmels. The service was fantastic as was the extensive menu offering a great range of meal options. We had oyster Kilpatrick, pork ribs & the prawn, red onion, tomato based pizza, which was great. Would definately return when I next visit McLaren Vale & will reccommend to friends & family.

1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to McLaren Vale for the day and decided to stop at Carmel's café bar and grill, what a wonderful experience. The staff were only young but gave amazing service and the food and wine was first class. Food was ample and beautifully presented and lots of atmosphere and character. next time in McLaren vale we will definitely be revisiting this Restaurant..

2  Thank MEC2015
CarmelsCafeBarGrill, Owner at Carmel's Cafe Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Ruth, Very sorry to hear you weren't happy with our seafood. Our chef sources out the freshest local seafood he can. We are a local family business and love to have all our customers (regular or one off) happy. We appreciate any feed back good or bad so we can improve in all areas. Living todays lifestyle, myself (Carmel) and my staff would like to bring back some old style hospitality.

As for the internet I don't know why you could not log on to Internode.

All the best in the future

Kind regards