“awesome”

Ekhidna Wines McLaren Vale Cellar Door
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in McLaren Vale
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Ekhidna Wines Restaurant offers one of the most picturesque dining experiences on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Ekhidna Wines Restaurant menu showcases the best of locally-sourced produce and imported international ingredients. Paired with it's award winning hand-crafted wines and beer by Matt Rechner
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a lovely sunday lunch at Ekhidna..the combination of a winery & restaurant was really well done, arriving and being able to do a couple of tastings helps you figure out which wine you want with your lunch..plus if you are a beer fan they have a beer flight for $5.00. Food was great as was the service, only comment is if you are a gnocci fan then you may want to steer away from this as it is served in one large piece if feels and tastes a bit like potato bake...BUT everything else was amazing...

1  Thank Ann-Marie C

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was trundling around McLaren Vale looking for somewhere with a nice aspect to have a spot of lunch. A couple of the Wineries that I came across were not serving (a Monday) but I have to say that I was, in retrospect extremely pleased that this was the case. Otherwise I wouldn't have come across at Ekhidna! What a gem..I was travelling solo and made to feel very welcome by very friendly staff. The only thing to match the beautiful surroundings, fantastic wine and excellent staff was the food. I ordered Poussin which was prepared to perfection and well worth ordering. I was here in March 2012 and will be returning with friends to again enjoy the delights of Ekhidna in June 2013. In summary, worth planning your trip to McLaren Vale around a visit to this lovely Winery/Restaurant.

1  Thank GDW1001
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent food, Excellent service, so friendly, this is our third visit and it is still such a beautiful place to eat.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well worth a look off the main road in McLaren Vale. Delicious food that was very nicely presented. Great friendly service. We were invited to taste wines before we chose what we wanted with our meal. They have their wines matched on their menu as well as a good range of home brewed beers on tap. I recommend the beer tasting flight for only $5. A great little restaurant/cellar door.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We just didn't have enough time. We both had the salads and it was yum. And the wine was very good. Thank you

1  Thank Louise G