“BEST Winery Tour on Offer”
Review of Wine Divas Tour

Wine Divas Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in McLaren Vale
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury wine and food tours specializing in the boutique cellar doors of the McLaren Vale wine region.Suitable for those who enjoy wine tasting without the crowds.Owned and operated by McLaren Vale locals. Private tastings from the barrel with the winemaker/winegrower.Sumptuous regional lunch platters included.Return transfers from Adelaide cbd, Southern coast region and McLaren Vale accommodation.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wouldn't hesitate in recommending Greg and Dee to anyone wanting to do a winery tour of Mclaren Vale with a bit of a difference. Greg, who is one of the friendliest and most knowledgable guides around, picked us up from our Adelaide CBD hotel and took us on a day to remember. We visited some amazing wineries, many of them not open to the public, where we got a chance to meet the local wine makers, ask a lot of questions and taste from the barrel. We also did some more traditional winery cellar doors, all of them carefully selected for their quality wines and olive oils, by Greg and Dee. Lunch (included in the very reasonable price) was also a superb opportunity to taste the local produce. We met some great new friends on the tour and if we make it back to SA in the near future we will definately do another tour with Wine Divas but probably choose to stay in one of their gorgeous cottages this time rather than Adelaide itself. Thanks Greg for a truely memorable day.

There are newer reviews for Wine Divas Tour

Reviewed July 14, 2013

what an absolutely amazing day! My first trip to S.A and my first ever wine tour. I am so thrilled to have experienced the Wine Divas Tour, Greg is an absolute genius and so thoughtful, he personalised the tour to our tastes, he heard that I was a Pinot Noir lover, so off we went to a cellar door that was renowned for a great little Pinot! the whole day was the best experience with just an intimate group, we had great food and the most delicious wine with lots of laughs!! I will definitely be coming back down for another tour very soon :)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was the most fun I've had in ages! Greg is a fantasticly welcoming guide and I loved meeting the winemakers themselves. They were so informative and being a wine-lover it was was really interesting to me. Being in a small tour group made the experience so much more personal and, of course, wine brings people together so there were loads of laughs along the way. I would (and will!) recommend Wine Diva Tours to anyone coming to Adelaide.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Highly recommend Wine Divas. These tours are smaller groups and offer a much more personalised service. I've been on two tours with wine divas and have already re-booked for a third. Greg the friendly tour guide takes you to a variety of cellar doors and gives you the opportunity to visit local vineyards, taste wine straight out of the barrel and enjoy the entertaining stories with the wine makers themselves. A delicious lunch is provided as well as cheese platters throughout the day.

You won't be disappointed!!

2  Thank JessieM84
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I will never forget this day. Picked up from our Adelaide Hotel, we were driven to the vineyards 45 minutes away, whilst receiving a potted history of the area and local wine growing practices by super friendly Greg (tour owner/operator). Not the big commercial, mass production drivel for us. The first visit for the 5 of us on the tour was to a small winery operated by an incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine grower Paul. We sipped wines and moved around his shed for an hour or so whilst he explained the intricacies of each wine, it was fascinating! Next to lunch overlooking vineyards in another winery, then onto another slightly bigger producer. After more explanations and more tastings, we had a final visit to another winery for a final 'night cap' before we headed home. We received tastings at each visit, and in no way were pressured nor expected to buy. It was a relaxing and informative day, and yes, we did buy a few bottles which I'm enjoying back in my home town of Sydney. 10 out of 10 to Greg, a perfect way to learn about and enjoy McLaren Vale wines.