“Beautiful restaurant in Adelaide”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Situated in the German town of Hahdorf, I went here last night with my cousin Margie, her partner Roxie and Ruth. I had the pork belly with prawns which was delicious but a bit rich. The desert was sublime: mango cheesecake with passionfruit jelly. The service was attentive but a tad slow at times, but overall an excellent restaurant with beautiful food in this lovely part of South Australia.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I chose The White House as our wedding venue in Jan 2013, and we couldn't have been more thrilled with everything they did for us to make our day so memorable and fun! The food was delicious (so many compliments from our guests), the staff were exceptionally attentive and helpful, the garden was beautifully arranged, and there was so much generosity of time and enthusiasm to make our day special... the White House team excelled in every way. Nothing was too much to ask, and even though some staff had been working several hours before our wedding, they were still going until the small hours of the night to ensure we had a brilliant day. To Sophie and Sid (wonderfully warm and creative owners), Annabel (attentive and supportive functions coordinator) and Chris (superstar chef), and the rest of the White House team, we love you to bits and thank you from the bottom of our hearts! xx kara and paul

1  Thank kara2011
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love this place! It's so quirky and warming. The staff are very friendly and give top service! The food was also very nice! The only downfall I found was the menu is very limited.. But apart from that it is highly recommended! Tip: go check out the secret gardens!! Definitely coming back :)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had dinner recently at the White House restaurant in Hahndorf, and I have to say that I’ve never eaten a better steak. Service was prompt, professional and courteous, the atmosphere informal and charming, and the food was just great. We were entertained by an excellent jazz group playing on the front veranda. All I can say is “Do yourself a favour.”

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We used to go to the White House quite often for breakfast and lunch and we adored their French menu. Now they have changed the chef and raised the prices. The place is now more like modOz. Good quality ingredients. But very boring.

I had a prawn salad, which had 3 prawns, a few chunks of fried polenta and the greens. For the price of $23 this seems not very satisfactory...

We are not coming back. It's a pity as this was the only genuine place in Hahndorf.

1  Thank tatyana145