“Dinner at the White House”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had dinner recently at the White House restaurant in Hahndorf, and I have to say that I’ve never eaten a better steak. Service was prompt, professional and courteous, the atmosphere informal and charming, and the food was just great. We were entertained by an excellent jazz group playing on the front veranda. All I can say is “Do yourself a favour.”

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We used to go to the White House quite often for breakfast and lunch and we adored their French menu. Now they have changed the chef and raised the prices. The place is now more like modOz. Good quality ingredients. But very boring.

I had a prawn salad, which had 3 prawns, a few chunks of fried polenta and the greens. For the price of $23 this seems not very satisfactory...

We are not coming back. It's a pity as this was the only genuine place in Hahndorf.

1  Thank tatyana145
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went there for lunch with family and a friend from the US. We had a very nice lunch, i loved my duck salad. The food was very unique and different, not like boring cafe food. The price isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend it anyone.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice now and the food and service has been excellent both times. It is an intimate little restaurant which makes it a great place to be able to catch up with a friend or take a special person to for a special occasion. The service is fantastic, you almost feel like you are the only ones in the restaurant! The food is great too with local wines and produce on offer. There is a wonderful outside area out the back if you're looking for a place to hold a function or a special occasion, as well as dining out the front of the restaurant, where you can watch the hustle & bustle of Handorf pass you by. It is well worth the trip from the city to dine at this little gem, even better if you are a local.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a very nice experience at The White House. The food was very good, and service fine. I look forward to returing one days for another meal.