“Fun, informative treat”

Book In Advance
More Info
$864.87*
and up
Private Tour: Barossa Valley Indulgence Day Trip from Adelaide Including Make...
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Hahndorf
Sydney, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun, informative treat”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the ChocoVino experience. It is something a bit different and very enjoyable. The outlook over the vines is just beautiful. We had a taste of 3 different wines and 3 different chocolates and a small bottle of sparkling water. A very pleasant way to sample these treats. Would recommend it as something different to try and a brilliant experience. The staff are very knowledgable and friendly.

Visited August 2013

Cairns
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“What a view”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Sheep grazing through the vines, views over the hills and wine and chocolate pairing, heaven! If you aren't able to climb stairs, this might not be the best cellar door fo you.

Visited June 2013
Dee W, Manager at Hahndorf Hill Winery, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good afternoon Dave, thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Just a quick note to let you know that we do have disabled access at the rear of the building with fewer stairs and/or ramp access. We also have disabled toilets inside the Cellar Door. You may have missed the signage for this while getting lost in the beauty of the Adelaide Hills scenery on your way in. We look forward to your next visit. Kind regards Dee
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pure Indulgence”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband & I chose the ChocoVino experience & what an experience it was! We spent a couple of hours just enjoying the quality wine, chocolate & then a cheese platter. Fantastic service, one of the best Sauvignon Blanc wines I have ever tasted - pure indulgence!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Aimee N
North Sydney, NSW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Choco Vino and vegetarian sample platter”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I saw a deal online which alerted me to this experience.
I didn't buy it however as I wanted to be able to choose what we felt like on the day.
My partner had the discovery and I choose just to get the sweets sampler (3 chocolate sweets not pure chocolate) with a hot chocolate.
The information and the appreciation for the chocolate origins was delivered by much enthusiasm by staff adding to the over all experience. The box was enough for me to have a taste of the Choco Vino Discovery as well, we are not fans of dark chocolate but did find these to be very smooth and not over bearing. My partner choose chocolate he wouldn't usually have and came away from it very happy with his choice.
We got hungry after the sweets and ordered the vegetarian platter, I didn't want a cheese platter as we had eaten a lot of cheese already and the normal platter had a dish I knew I wouldn't like. I ordered extra bread and the bread was done extremely well, flavoursome and warm, soft and crunchy. One platter was enough for the both of us and we enjoyed everything on the platter (even the eggplant, which was done well and not something we usually eat)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shelltho
perth
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely view, wonderful wine and chocolate and exemplary staff. A lovely way to spend an afternoon in SA. Highly recommended

Visited April 2013