“Great for a cheaper lunch too”
Review of Bistro 25 - CLOSED

Bistro 25
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate,regional and rustic featuring modern Australian Cuisine and refined service
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We wanted something nice to eat but not a big lunch. Their platter for 2 was $23 and it was superb. More than enough for 2 people - pate, fetta, capsicum dip, olives, pesto, seafood spring rolls, arancini. Lovely atmosphere - choice of outside, dark, cosy interior or light modern area. Highly recommended a.nd much better value than anything from a coffee bar

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently returned to this restaurant for Saturday breakfast after one whole year and very disappointed to see a near empty restaurant with tables covered in dirty plates and cups with half eaten food and half finished coffees ( a sign in itself). The coffee tasted like a used ashtray. The waitress looked so indifferent and disgustingly ‘artificial’. Most of the times, she seemed to be playing with her phone behind the bar. My partner had to wait some ten minutes to get her attention for another glass of orange juice. The eggs on the Benedict were as if they were poached and just thrown on the toast without any love. My partner had Sweet French toasts. She found those pretty good though. I wish u good luck. I am not coming back. The only thing good I found about this place is the location.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food and service were of excellent standard and the prices were very reasonable. We went on a Friday night about 7pm and were served our meal within half an hour. I had the salmon and my wife had the kangaroo, followed by a panacotta and coffees as well as a couple of nice wines. The wine bottles were brought to our table so we could see what we were being served, which is unusual to get that extra service when only buying a glass from each. Our bill came to $87. We will be returning to try out the rest of the menu and yummy desserts. Thank you to the lovely staff for fitting us in without a booking and for seating us in a quiet location as requested for our special date.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a meal here last night and were the only clients, which is surprising given we had an enjoyable meal with excellent service.

Admittedly, the restaurant has changed hands recently and there is a new chef installed, but we weren't disappointed with the food or wine. My husband had the pork cutlet for main course and said its the best he's ever eaten - high praise given we dine out frequently and have been to many of the top restaurants in Australia. I had the mushroom ragout with gnocchi - the ragout was generous with mushrooms and the gnocchi was very light and just the right amount for my appetite.

I have read the other reviews and can say that the negative ones do not reflect our experience from last night or on any other of the nights that we have eaten here over the last 3-4 years..

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We've been here several times before and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food. The menu is small, but it enables the Chef to provide consistently well prepared, local ingredients. The service was a bit slow, but friendly and when it was made clear that we were waiting to order, the speed of service improved considerably. In my opinion, the best restaurant in Handorf.