“Big Meals”
Review of The Haus Hahndorf

The Haus Hahndorf
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Cuisines: German, European, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Haus Hahndorf is a dining and social experience like no other. Located in the heart of the stunning Adelaide Hills, The Haus Restaurant showcases an amazing selection of dishes created from the best in local produce which changes with the seasons. Open 7 days a week serving food ALL DAY for, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, it is no surprise that The Haus Restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants in Hahndorf. Come and enjoy our professional friendly service and if you're not after a meal just sit down and enjoy one of our tempting pastries, artisan coffees & FREE Wi-Fi. We also offer a large range of Healthy & Gluten Free options, as well as Vegetarian & Vegan-friendly dishes.
“Big Meals”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I had a meal in The Haus during the Easter weekend. It was not overly busy when we arrived but that soon changed 30 mins into our dinner. It has quite a wide ranging menu and specials list. We settled on the Pork Hock and Wagu Schnitzel and were surprised to see them within about 15 mins of ordering, but I guess the kitchen were just getting them selves into the zone for the crowd that had entered shortly after us. The meals were well cooked and tasty. They were both so large we were unable to finish them. The service staff were attentive without being in your face or pushy and it was nice to have live music playing creating some atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
Thornhill, Canada
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for lunch at around 2 PM; the place was packed. After a short wait, we were seated at the back of the dining area, next to the toilets. Our server was pleasant enough, but the service was really slow. However; I have to keep reminding myself that, in Oz, service is generally poor as the labour pool is constantly empty.

The food was average and the price was high, as again is usual in Oz.

• Visited February 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Dining @ The Haus”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had a lovely coffee in the morning and returned for a brilliant dinner. Service was first rate, our meals so good that we chose not to spoil them with dessert!

Visited April 2014
“Sehr gut!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Given the previous reviews, we had some trepidation about Haus - but took a punt and were very impressed. Service was spot-on, very prompt and staff very affable. We had the burger and chicken and avocado salad - both of which were very filling and tasty.
The Haus is spacious and modern with large window doors that open to let in the outdoors. As well, there is provision for outdoor dining. It's also on the main thoroughfare, in the midst of all the wonderful shops at Hahndorf. Well worth the visit - the Haus and the town!

• Visited April 2014
Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Not a good day”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been here a few times together and separately with others and have always thought The Haus food and service was good. Today, was not so good. The Pork Belly I have raved on about to our friend who order the same today was really disappointing. The crackling was grossly soft and meat was just salty and dry. I didn't dare ask what his was like. I felt bad he ordered what I recommended.
Service was mediocre. I went to the bar to order a glass of wine and was served rudely by the lady behind the counter.
Not in a rush to go back and will definitely stop raving about their food. Go across the road to the Hahndorf Inn