“Not a bad little place.”

Hahndorf Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hahndorf
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The lady in reception was very pleasant and happy to help. The room was a good size and clean, the bed was comfy, shower room and toilet were ok. The pool area was disappointing and does look much better on the pictures. The location is spot on and just off the main road you can get a parking space too. All in all I was happy to stay here but for the price we paid did expect a lot more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tucked away behind one of Hahndorfs historic pubs we had a little trouble actually finding the place in the dark, but once we did we were pleasantly surprised. Good sized rooms that were very clean and comfortable. The rooms looked like they had been recently refurbished except for the bathrooms which looked like they hadn't been touched since the 80's. Not that they were not clean, just old. Over all a nice place to stay and better than the other places in Hahndorf that I have stayed on my work trips to the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

For a cheap night away, the motor lodge is a fairly good choice. Absolutely loved the room itself. It had a really nice feel about it, and looked great.
We had a spa room. We didn't pay too much extra for this room, which is good, because the bathroom is the only thing that lets the room down. The bathrooms could use a modern update, but again, it's fairly good for the price. Curtains need to remain closed for privacy, but lack of natural light didnt bother us at all. We got a meal package, which I would reccommend, as that will get you a great dinner and breakfast at The Haus restaurant.
The pool area looks better in photos, but was okay for a quick dip. In reality I thought that area looked a little cheap and dirty.
Not a bad night all in all when you're low on cash.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. The rooms were nice and clean, with really comfy beds- which were fitted with electric blankets. The bathrooms are in need of some serious up dating, and some bleach on the tiles wouldn't go astray either. Not to say the bathroom was dirty, just old and in need of updating or deep cleaning.
We stayed here over Oakband weekend and all the other guests were up early getting ready for the races. We weren't there for the races and would have liked to sleep in, however, the noise coming from all the other guests using the shower and toilets made this impossible. It really was quite loud in our room.
The rooms were supposed to have complimentary Foxtel, including a movie channel, but we were only ever able to find a music channel and a sports channel.
It is in a great location, right in the centre of main street Hahndorf, but we would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very friendly and helpful at reception , letting us know where its good to eat. We tried both places they recommended. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Much nicer atmosphere than the Manna down the road.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and enjoyed our visit. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice bed and a large TV. You could hear the shower in the room next door but we were up pretty early and didn't mind. The location is great and we really enjoyed being right in the centre of town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My partner and I stayed there to get away from the city life for the weekend. We checked in, used the pool and spa and went for a walk in the main street and had dinner. Really close to everything and very convenient. The haus restersunt across the road in which the hotel recommends was very nice for breakfast too! The only problems I had was that we were not told before our stay there would be a $50 charge put on my credit card for hold, I was ok with this as I was told it would be able to be used again when I checked out. It's been 1 week today and2 phone calls later and the $50 still has not become avaliable in my account. The staff have not been helpful and have suggested that I wait another week!!!! For it in the account.
Mostly not happy about this as I was not told to start with and then given wrong information at checkout about when I would see my money again, this would be the only reason we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Niccaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hahndorf
Hahndorf Motel
The Manna of Hahndorf
The Manna of Hahndorf
#2 of 5 in Hahndorf
Hahndorf Resort Tourist Park

Been to Hahndorf Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!