“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hahndorf
perth
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tucked away behind one of Hahndorfs historic pubs we had a little trouble actually finding the place in the dark, but once we did we were pleasantly surprised. Good sized rooms that were very clean and comfortable. The rooms looked like they had been recently refurbished except for the bathrooms which looked like they hadn't been touched since the 80's. Not that they were not clean, just old. Over all a nice place to stay and better than the other places in Hahndorf that I have stayed on my work trips to the town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed May 9, 2012

For a cheap night away, the motor lodge is a fairly good choice. Absolutely loved the room itself. It had a really nice feel about it, and looked great.
We had a spa room. We didn't pay too much extra for this room, which is good, because the bathroom is the only thing that lets the room down. The bathrooms could use a modern update, but again, it's fairly good for the price. Curtains need to remain closed for privacy, but lack of natural light didnt bother us at all. We got a meal package, which I would reccommend, as that will get you a great dinner and breakfast at The Haus restaurant.
The pool area looks better in photos, but was okay for a quick dip. In reality I thought that area looked a little cheap and dirty.
Not a bad night all in all when you're low on cash.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. The rooms were nice and clean, with really comfy beds- which were fitted with electric blankets. The bathrooms are in need of some serious up dating, and some bleach on the tiles wouldn't go astray either. Not to say the bathroom was dirty, just old and in need of updating or deep cleaning.
We stayed here over Oakband weekend and all the other guests were up early getting ready for the races. We weren't there for the races and would have liked to sleep in, however, the noise coming from all the other guests using the shower and toilets made this impossible. It really was quite loud in our room.
The rooms were supposed to have complimentary Foxtel, including a movie channel, but we were only ever able to find a music channel and a sports channel.
It is in a great location, right in the centre of main street Hahndorf, but we would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoppers Crossing
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very friendly and helpful at reception , letting us know where its good to eat. We tried both places they recommended. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Much nicer atmosphere than the Manna down the road.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and enjoyed our visit. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice bed and a large TV. You could hear the shower in the room next door but we were up pretty early and didn't mind. The location is great and we really enjoyed being right in the centre of town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My partner and I stayed there to get away from the city life for the weekend. We checked in, used the pool and spa and went for a walk in the main street and had dinner. Really close to everything and very convenient. The haus restersunt across the road in which the hotel recommends was very nice for breakfast too! The only problems I had was that we were not told before our stay there would be a $50 charge put on my credit card for hold, I was ok with this as I was told it would be able to be used again when I checked out. It's been 1 week today and2 phone calls later and the $50 still has not become avaliable in my account. The staff have not been helpful and have suggested that I wait another week!!!! For it in the account.
Mostly not happy about this as I was not told to start with and then given wrong information at checkout about when I would see my money again, this would be the only reason we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Niccaz
melbourne
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Pros
Friendly staff
Comfortable bed and clean room
Good water pressure in shower

Cons
Noise from adjoining rooms-I could hear reception on one side and the other occupants in the room next door, hear the t.v, smell their burnt toast and not a chance in hell of sleeping in on a Sunday.
Advertised in room hairdryer, none to be found when needed.
Bad television reception of stations I actually wanted to watch and I only had one Foxtel channel available.
Lack of natural light/privacy unavailable if you do wish to let the light in. The shim doesn't help.
Not of the standard expected for the price paid unfortunatley.

Room Tip: Not the worst place, not the best!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
manna25mainstreet, General Manager at Hahndorf Motor Lodge, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hahndorf Motor Lodge and for posting a review. We value all feedback regarding our motel as we are always looking to improve our product and service. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, especially the hairdryer and television issues, which I will personally ensure are rectified.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hahndorf
Mount Lofty House - MGallery by Sofitel
The Haus Studio Apartments
Amble at Hahndorf
Amble at Hahndorf
#1 of 4 in Hahndorf

Been to Hahndorf Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!