“Seafood overlooking the Murray”

Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Goolwa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe is a riverside cafe/restaurant offering delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee and cakes and the best scones in Goolwa. We use as much local fresh produce as we can and our wine list is predominately local wine. We are open 6 days a week from Thursday to Monday (shut Tuesdays) Open 7 days a week during school holidays. We are also open for dinner, Friday and Saturday nights (seasonally so please check when booking).
Melbourne, Australia
“Seafood overlooking the Murray”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited this lovely little casual restaurant only last week for a leisurely lunch whilst overlooking the Murray and assorted birdlife. We sampled some great local seafood and particularly recommend the mullet and mulloway ; asian style calamari OK .... not quite " melt in the mouth " ... but beautiful , moorish bread and dukkah was excellent.

Great for lunch and dinner during daylight hours.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ooh la la I love this place”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went came in a couple weeks ago for breakfast on a busy sat morning. There is a reason this place is busy the food is amazing you can tell they really care about the quality. The service was so refreshing even though they were so busy they still gave us excellent service coffee was well made and would call back in just for the service and coffee. We loved it so much we came back for there theme night French oh well ooh la la they really went above and beyond from food to the really cool black table cloths was such a special night we don't live local and drive about 35 min to get there but for this service and food I would travel hours so get down there this is my new fav place.

“Yum Yum”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Back at the Aquacaf this last Sunday for breakfast and enjoyed every mouthful and moment! Both my partner and I ordered the specials to try something different. Mine was a mushroom tart with eggs and his was a corn fritter with salmon, both were tasty with amazing flavours. The cafe was jam packed proving we are not the only people who love this spot. The staff although very busy were lovely as always, making us for the very slight wait. We'll be back again soon!

• Visited May 2013
“Service was a BIG let down”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been to the newly renovated Aquacaf a couple of times and were really disappointed on our last visit. So much so that I am writing this review which I usually don't. With an opening time of 8:30am on Saturday mornings, we arrived at 8.24, along with a few other patrons eager for their morning coffee and breakfast. We didn't expect to be let in early (although it would have been nice as it was cold out), but when the owner opened the doors, we were greeted with a frosty hello. Commenting on how it must be nice to see people wanting to come into your establishment, she replied with "it would be nice to set up in peace". We were not happy .... and this was from the owner! Service didn't then improve when we were seated. Keep up that level of terrible service and attitude, no-one will come and then you'll be complaining. Something to think about ...... Your nothing without your clientele

1 Thank ILOVEFOOD8888
aquacaf, Manager at Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and I apologise that you found my service to be a let down. I did not intentionally mean to be rude or un attentive. I would just like to say I am the manager and not the owner, the owners are amazing and I would not want them mistakenly identified as giving bad service. On the day in mention we did have several people waiting from 7.30am in the morning and the café does not open until 8.30am. There is a lot that goes into setting up the café to sufficiently provide service for the rest of the day and we do greatly appreciate all customers that come to us, but please understand there are challenges we experience when customers arrive before the opening time and demand service. I am not saying this was you but this was a highly challenging morning so I apologise again for not being in tip top form. Please come back and try us again we will always endeavour to improve and since this review targets myself I will make sure I improve.
Goolwa, Australia
“Great cofee”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The coffee is awesome and coupled with a little treat of an orange & almond cake, this is heaven for your morning to start your day. Friendly staff with the welcoming personal service from Liz, what more could you ask for? Our regular coffee visits is know by the staff and we are welcomed every single time. Thanks for the great service, friendly faces and brilliant coffee and cakes. :)

• Visited April 2013
aquacaf, Manager at Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Oh Thanks Guys! Our locals are very important to us and we are so glad you come and visit us for a cheeky coffee and cake. Look forward to seeing you during the week. And thanks again for your continual support.

Elizabeth