“Very disappointing food experience”

Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Goolwa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe is a riverside cafe/restaurant offering delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee and cakes and the best scones in Goolwa. We use as much local fresh produce as we can and our wine list is predominately local wine. We are open 6 days a week from Thursday to Monday (shut Tuesdays) Open 7 days a week during school holidays. We are also open for dinner, Friday and Saturday nights (seasonally so please check when booking).
“Very disappointing food experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

So disappointed with the menu. Boring! Where did the light meals go! Flavours are non existent. Really miss Jordan's food-fish pasty, ragu's, salads and Stephanie's amazing lemon curd meringue cakes. Aqua cafe you need to up your game. Service still good so not a total disaster.

aquacaf, Manager at Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Aquacaf, I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. Unfortunately we will never be the same as the previous owners and would never attempt to replicate their signature dishes so can not bring back items you may have enjoyed with them. However if you would like to let me know specifically what you had and why you very displeased we will endeavour to improve all aspects of our business.

Sincerely
Elizabeth
Aquacaf Manager

Adelaide, South Australia
“Perfect lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited here for lunch a couple of days after Xmas with family from interstate. Food was great, service professional and just the right balance of riverside holiday town friendly. New owners a doing a great job!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Aquacaf in Goolwa, great to hear you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely
Elizabeth
Aquacaf Manager
Adelaide
“A friendly and fun experience with a personal touch!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visiting Aquacaf was a peaceful experience, with ideal seating and views to make me love summer!
A very baby friendly place with service to suit our needs, the menu was varied, easy to choose from, while not being bombarded with options.
The renovations are refreshing and hip with staff to match!

It as been busy, real busy so book in advance especially over summer.

New managment, doing well from where I'm standing, must me tough in this game!

• Visited January 2013
aquacaf, Manager at Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Adelaide
“A family favourite ruined?”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We used to love this restaurant. We turned up, anticipating our favourite dishes, and found, to our dismay, that the venue has been renovated, has new chefs and a new, unexciting menu. None of my family enjoyed our meals. Even the kids were disappointed with the kid's menu. The location is lovely and the service was good. Unfortunately, the food was not good and was expensive. I will be reading future reviews and looking for improvements before I venture back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank AdelaideAnita
Thank you for your review of the Aquacaf and I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your dining experience. If you ever return to the Aquacaf and are never completely happy with anything please feel free to let us know at the time so we can endeavour to fix the problem then and there. We offer four options on the childrens menu including battered garfish and chips, squid, chicken tenders and spagetti bolognaise if you have any further suggestions on what we could offer please let me know via this webite or our website www.aquacaf.com.au. You also mentioned you found the menu boring any contructive criticism is welcome. We took over the business 9 months ago and have renovated the business to offer more all weather dining facilities for our customers to enjoy but still offer in door dining, covered out door dining and outside dining.
“what has happened to the burgers?!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We first embarked on the Aquacaf in 2011 and my friends and I agreed it had the best burgers we had ever eaten but today when we went and got a burger it was close to horrible. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE BURGERS?! Do you know what it feels like to be so disappointed that you can feel your heart drop. I felt that pain today and I never want to feel again. You will never see me and my crew again. Ya filthy animals.

I'm out. Sassy Diva 101

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the burgers now served at the Aquacaf we have had great feedback on our burgers with people enjoying the spiced lamb, fresh tomato, lettuce, cucumber and labneh option. However we take all feedback on board and are open to receiving any comments during your experience so we can actively improve any issues. Any one else coming to the cafe please note if you are not entirely happy with any aspect of your experience if you let us know there and then we will do everything we can to make sure you leave happy.