We stayed for two nights as part our trip to the Flinders Ranges.
The cabin units are very well fitted and are neat and clean even if they are a little dated. They aren’t the last word in luxury, but they don’t pretend to be. They certainly have everything you could want, including cooking facilities and a large fridge-freezer (unless you come out to the outback to watch 100 TV channels, in which case you’d be better off at home).
The aircon is elderly - it's effective, but too noisy to leave on at night, which might be a problem when the weather gets really hot. The undercover parking is a simple but nice touch - it's good to have a relatively cool car to get into in the morning.
Staff are knowledgeable and very helpful about the local area and made sure that we got the most out of our short stay. The shop stocks a good range of stuff, especially if you intend to cook for yourself, but we couldn’t find any fresh fruit - probably hoping for too much in this remote location.
The most annoying feature of our unit was that there’s no mirror to use when using the fixed hairdryer in the bathroom. It only needs a small mirror on the wall, or better still simply hang the mirrored door on the bathroom cabinet to open the opposite way. Do owners never try staying in their own accommodation?
Woolshed Restaurant is run as a separate operation by a charming, talented and funny couple, who also have a winery of their own. Food and drink far better than you’d expect in such a remote location. The menu is short but they cater for nearly everyone, and from our experience everything is good. My wife has an extremely restricted diet, and on our second night they offered her a portion of the vegetarian dish that they'd cooked for their own dinner!
I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants to look around the Wilpena Pound area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 430-kilometres north of Adelaide (approximately five hours drive), Rawnsley Park Station is a multi-award winning property that adjoins the Flinders Ranges National Park and overlooks the southern side of Wilpena Pound. The Flinders Ranges is one of Australia's 'National Landscapes' characterized by rugged mountain ranges, spectacular gorges, sheltered creeks lined with River Red Gums and abundant wildlife. This area is world-renowned for its geological history, Aboriginal rock art sites and impressive fossil remains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Rawnsley Park Station Eco Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawnsley Park Station Eco Villas Hotel Flinders Ranges National Park
- Rawnsley Park Station Eco Villas Flinders Ranges National Park, Australia - South Australia