Berri Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Renmark Resort(Renmark)(Great Value!)
Loxton Hotel(Loxton)
$73
Glossop Motel(Glossop)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe riverhotel staycommunity ownedinformation centrebusiness tripstaff were friendly and helpfulground floormain buildingsalad barlocation is greatcomfortable bedmini bargreat place to stayenjoyable staygreat facilitiescaravan parksteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had to be in Berri for work,late arrival Sunday early start Monday.Arrived just after 8pm,checked in etc.Wanted something to eat but the restaurant was closed, no option for room service. Found a local pizza shop which was average,went back to the hotel for a beer but the bar closed at 9pm.The option was to have a beer in the pokie room with no seating and the noise of forty slot machines.Breakfast was just as bad.Needing to be on site by 6.45am there was no chance to have breakfast (served between 7am and 9am) with no provision of a basic continental brekky.At $150 per night just for the room not good value.Room was okay but didn't need two queen size beds.Could have done with a table and chairs in place of the second bed.Lots of little issues that need to be fixed,window blinds not working properly,blown light globes needing replaced,better choice of in room tea and coffee and reception staff able to use the computer booking system (not the lovely lady who checked us in).Had a meal on the Monday night in the Restaurant,no better than pub standard,my side serve of cooked vegies were almost raw.Had to grab cutlery from a neighbouring table as none was provided.I've got to go back to the area next year and i'll be looking for an alternative.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hayles1984, General Manager at Berri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hi Stewart, thank you for the feedback, I understand Chelsea from Management has already contacted you in person to discuss and you have indicated you will return on your next trip. If you are going to be late or requiring early breakfast we are more than happy to accommodate,please adsvise when you make your booking. I have passed your feedback onto the Head Chef.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked a room for three days over the phone and was required to pay for half when I booked. That was fine, however when I arrived and went to pay the rest I was charged $100 surety on top. This was an unexpected surprise!
Continental breakfast was about $15 and cooked was $17. One morning I opted for the cooked breakfast, but this was a dissapointment. Staff were unable to keep up with demand and for half hour that I was there the baine marie was empty or as soon as it was topped up it was pounced upon by many hungry guests which had all been waiting for the food they'd paid for and not recieved.
For evening meal in the dinning room I ordered a $28 meal and was surprised to be charged $33, I was charged $5 for salad for Gods sake.
The hi speed Internet was so slow I had to switch my iPad back to cell data!
NOT GOOD!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Hayles1984, General Manager at Berri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, please be advised that all cash payments for accommodation require a deposit and a surety upon arrival, this is a standard policy across the vast majority of Hotels. A full salad is advertised and priced accordingly on the Bistro menu. I have followed up with staff re: breakfast buffet, please accept our apologies but the 8 Ball weekend is extremely busy as you would be aware, we will endeavour to ensure there is no repeat in future years.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed at the Berri resort Hotel because it is really the only place to stay in Berri, the rooms are OK the breakfast was of a good standard and the dinner was average. The service was good though and the staff are very friendly but lack training. The proximity to the Murray River is excellent, great for a morning walk. I have also stayed in the cabins in the caravan park which give you more room and are comforable but they don't service them. Had no breakfast facilities and you have to clean the room yourself. Going next door to the Berri Resort Hotel for breakfast is OK.

Room Tip: if you have to stay there ask for the front room to view the river, nice but can get noisy with the passing trafffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I booked an executive suite. What we got was an old large motel room. There was a small area between the bed and the bench containing the fridge, which I suppose was the "suite" section however is was too small for two people to be in at one time. There was a window which looked directly on to the next row of rooms hence for privacy you needed to keep the curtains closed! The bathroom was very tiny not executive level. My husband and I do not mind paying however we do require value for money. The whole room was should have been rated as a standard room and charged accordingly not $AUD 145.00' not including breakfast. We stayed the next night in the Barossa in a another room called executive for $110.00 and it was fantastic, maybe it's the luck of the draw but we were really disappointed in Berri Resort Hotel.

Further there was a group booking of teenagers and parents, which should not been a problem. However when the noise is so loud you can't hear the television it's time the Hotel had a word, which the didn't. The noise If it was adults would not be tolerated however they did nothing, this spoilt our night as it went on well after 10.30pm. It showed that the staff did not care about the welfare of it's guests. Such a shame considering the location is so lovely.

The restaurant, where we had dinner and breakfast was great. The dinner menu was not extensive but it was varied, the food was great. We had steaks which were cooked to how we requested and delivered hot at the same time, fantastic.

The pool area for a family is compact making it easy to be with the children. You can sit watch the kids and look over the road at the magnificent Murray River.

Next time we would avoid Berri Resort and book at the in Remark resort Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the square footage of the room, similar to what is available when you book overseas. Ask where the room is located to respect of the pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oumie
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Just had lunch in the new upstairs cafe/dining area.
Finally they have relegated the poky players to the ground floor(the view was wasted on them anyway!!)
The new carpet and furnishings are tasteful and comfortable.
The views of the river are of course spectacular and the food was good value.
Maybe they could either turn the music off (loud local radio station) or get a better source.
All in all though the imrovements are impressive and the staff very helpul
We will eat there again - soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple