“A lovely meal”

The Aldgate Pump Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Aldgate
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family friendly hotel in the Adelaide Hills. Enjoy great food in our fireside dining room or alfresco in the beer garden. Let the kids burn off steam in our family playground.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had lunch here the day after our wedding & try to go back on that day each year. As you can imagine it has changed a lot in 40 odd years, but always for the best. The food is now quite 'modern' but, as always, delicious.

1  Thank gobks

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a work function at this hotel recently. We had two tables of 10 and the kitchen coped very well getting all our meals out together, whilst also coping with a busy Friday night full of customers. Everybodies meal was lovely and the service staff were very effecient and pleasant. Well done.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just came back from the aldgate pump. I have been eating there for over 10 years now and am more and more dissapointed everytime i go there. Tonight I ordered my regular schnitzel and when it arrived I thought it was a large childrens serve. The schnitzel I had last week was also on the small side and the one the week before that. At $22 for a schnitzel with pepper sauce (not a parmi) I am not very happy with the meal anymore. I think I will be looking for a better venue for my weekly schnitzel.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Dropped in for lunch on a cold wintery day, the bistro had a great menu and the open fire added some great character to the place. Sat around and enjoy some great food, can recommend the veal medallions and a few glasses of red.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

This visit was very much a spure of the moment cold call (made the decision as we drove past) so walked in not knowing what to expect. The menu is varied a little pricey ($20 for a Chicken Schnitzel). The food was well presented and the chicken schnitzel was very good, good size breast chicken, chips and salad. I am a huge salad fan but usually eat very little of a side salad in meals due to the tast/freshness. Having said this I cleaned up this side salad. The green's were very fresh, the carrots/cucumber/tomoto were all very fresh and the salad dressing was very tasty!!!!

The decor is typical country pub, cute booth seats in the restaurant which our 6yr old loved, the staff were very friendly, quick to clear plates away.

While there after hearing phone calls (we were there for saturday lunch) seems a very popular eating place for Saturday night as they were booked out, so maybe good to ring and book if looking for the weekend.

We would return.