“A touch of Europe in the Tablalands”

Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant
Reserve with
Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, Pizza, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Townsville, Australia
“A touch of Europe in the Tablalands”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Great food in a Swiss challet setting complemented with a very good service and a friendly atmosphere. A rare find. Highly recommended !

2 Thank StefanLarson

• Polish first
Cairns, Australia
“Once a great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We have visited Nick's on a number of occasions, and been very happy with the food and the service. Sadly the place appears to be riding on past glories.
This week, we sat for some time before a waiter arrived - they were not busy serving, although there was some sort of conference going on which appeared to be more important than dining guests.
Perhaps the waiter was new: he certainly was not good.
My wife ordered ribs, I went for the signature meal something to do with yodelling. The ribs were reasonable, my course was a frankfurt and two slices of ham (cut from a roll?) It was accompanied by sourkraut which I could not eat, a very small helping of almost cold, almost cooked vegetables, and some excellent sliced potatoes. At $32 I would have expected some real yodelling to go with it. The wine was of a good standard and at a reasonable price. It is, however, a long time since I have had my wine poured by a waiter using both hands to hold the bottle, and I would expect to have been asked to taste before the glasses were filled - at least today, we don't expect wines to be corked, but it may have had other imperfections.
Will I revisit Nick's? NO!

7 Thank maryfrank
Cairns
“Shockingly amazing food”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We were up the year before at the markets, and smelt a vendor selling sausages. The aroma was intoxicating - not was you'd expect from just sausages.
We just missed out on getting one - my fault as I was looking at a stall as they were closing, but I promised we'd come back again & go to the actual restaurant of theirs - Nick's Swiss Italian.

It didn't dissapoint. It was so wonderful that we ended up going back, and dined there 2 nights in a row!!

I had raviloli, and my partner the swiss sausage. All very nice. The 2nd night we took the specials, lamb shanks, and crocodile linguini.
Each dish, including the specials, you could see that so much though had gone in to getting the flavour just right. We wouldn't help eating half of each others meals - it was just so nice! And each night we went home with full-to-bursting tummies.

The staff were very friendly and nice. We also saw Nick himself walking past and talking to guests.
The decor we have mixed feelings about. I personally think it's way too busy.
The place certainly is cozy & homy though, and a nice retreat when it's chilly outside.

3 Thank woodchuck_jw
Urangan, Australia
“Fantastic atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My teen son and I dined at Nick's one evening. It was warm and welcoming from the moment you stepped inside. We sat at the rustic "Bavarian style" bar for a drink and took in the atmosphere. We dined at a cosy table for two and thoroughly enjoyed what the menu had to offer. Everything was delicious and they have a wonderful range of wines to choose from as well. There are childrens meals on offer as well. Later after a delicious dessert, musical instruments were handed out and a roving musician encouraged guests to join in. The warm timber and swiss style interior was very charming. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and wish to return again some time with the rest of my family. Great value, great service!

3 Thank Collsie_10
Peterborough
“A nice meal”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We had a nice meal here on the recommendation of a local person. The food is well presented and the chef comes out to make sure you enjoyed your meal. Not cheap but good value for money.

1 Thank Adders