“Excellent dining and a poke in the face to some other reviewers”

Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant
Reserve with
Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Wollongong, Australia
“Excellent dining and a poke in the face to some other reviewers”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed in one of the cottages assocated with this reataurant and dined there on the night that we arrived, with some reservations after reading some of the. reviews on this site and we were more than pleasantly surprised. Thr meals were excellent, the service outstanding, and the price commensurate with what is being charged in Cairns and surrounding areas.

My vodka and tonic was pleasant, as was our waiter. We were seated as soon as we arrived at a table of our choice and presented with a menu soon after. I ordered the schnitzal and my compansion requested the bratwurst withb rosti. The meals arrived in reasonable time and we both rated our meals as excellent. My companion ordered the creme caramel which was more than satisfactory. The waiter who served us was great and we left the restaurant, wrll fed and contented.

Dining at Nick's was a great experience.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank JohnCC169

• Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

After 3 weeks in Australia we had the worse service in Nicks ...

It was not that bad but compared to the rest of the restaurants ... I was disappointed ... Perhaps if I had gone there first, right after leaving Europe , I would not have minded so much but ... Everywhere we were in Queensland we had smiley and friendly staff, well... Not here.

5 Thank Andmmar1
London, United Kingdom
“Good pizza”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is from the canton of Grisons so we just had to investigate why there was an enormous Grisons flag in the middle of the tablelands!
We both had pizza and were so pleased to see the chef throwing the dough above his head to stretch it (- if someone hands me another pre-baked slab of dough and calls it 'pizza' I don't know what I'll do). These pizzas were beautifully thin and crispy. Toppings could have been a little more flavorful but otherwise, very nice. Would definitely return.

Tucson, Arizona
“A bit of the Alps in Australia”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nick's is unique place in the lovely town of Yungaburra, Queensland. I was expecting mediocre food, but it was really quite good. The mushroom pasta was very good. The service was a little slow as first, but ended up being quite good. We had a wonderful time there on our 10th anniversary. I really enjoyed the decor and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Like coming home for a family dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I called at 10pm on a Thursday night, well after they had closed and cleaned up. The owner offered to still cook me a roast dinner to take away. I arrived and was greeted with a beer while i waited with a friendly smile.

Ill be honest i wasnt confident the food quality would be that high but i was so grateful they had gone out of their way to help me out.

The owner let me take a plate, trusting a stranger to do the right thing and bring it back, back to my rented cottage .
I was so surprised when i opened the foil and found my dinner. The roast was still tender and the roasted vegetables seasoned well. I expected it to be soggy and chewy but was greeted with a meal that took me to my Mum's own roast on a Sunday.

Restaurant experience is about Food, Environment and Staff. All of these were outstanding and a fantastic surprise.

Visited July 2014