“A lovely place to eat”

Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Cuisines: European, Italian, Swiss
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Cairns
“A lovely place to eat”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This restaurant has good quality meals, great service and is full of quaint swiss memorabilia. We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed.

Visited April 2012

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Worst service ever experienced”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We showed up on a Friday evening which was reasonably busy but there were clearly tables available. The young girl behind the counter gave us a dreadful scowl when we asked if there was a table for two available as though it were the world's greatest inconvenience. The service was reasonably ok in taking our order however my partner ordered a pizza and glass of wine and I ordered the soup. No drinks came within the first 15 mins which is key in running a restaurant. 35 mins later my partner's pizza shows up, still no wine. He has now finished his pizza, the glass of red wine is brought over with no apology for the delay, yet where is my soup? 10 mins AFTER he has finished his meal and wine, my soup is brought over without a WORD of apology or explanation. This is now 55mins after we ordered and considering soups are usually made before service begins, I couldn't understand why they were so bad at their job. I explained that I didn't want dinner now because I'd be eating by myself so we paid with no offer of a discount and I went home hungry. The lady and man behind the counter who were preparing the meals were dressed rather distastefully without uniform NOR hairnets or anything to make them look semi-professional. I understand this is just a little country town, but when you can see into the food prep area, for god's sake - make a minimal effort. I'm quite glad my meal never arrived as I'm quite certain I wouldn't want to eat it after seeing them cooking it. If you're an American tourist who just wants a big pizza - tuck in, this is the place for you. Anyone who wants a decent place to relax, find somewhere else. This place needs to close business.

Visited March 2012
7 Thank BriennaH
Mission Beach
“So disappointed!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had been anticipating this visit to Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant for years and was so disappointed!! Nick's has been around for a long time and has had (or so I thought) an excellent reputation so understandably I had high expectations. We ended up there on Valentine's Day (not on purpose - just happened to be that that's when we were overnight in the area) and found once we arrived that there was a special menu for the night's meal - your choice of 2 or 3 courses. While it was on the pricy side we accepted that it was a special night and again were expecting a special meal. We later came to find out that we could have ordered from the regular menu (the table next to us did just that after we had ordered and eaten our main) which we would have preferred. Unfortunately not only were our meals horribly over-priced they weren't even very good - so I couldn't no matter how much I stretched, justify the cost. The main was small and while mine was meant to have both salmon and prawn it was difficult to either taste or see either one. The ravioli pasta was tough (undercooked?) and a bit doughy tasting. The dessert was uninteresting & very ordinary. The service was very slow - for a busy night they only had three floor staff and one of them was also working the bar. We would have had multiple drinks (although they were pretty expensive as well) but no one ever came back to take another drink order and after one visit to the bar to ask to order another drink, we weren't going to bother again. Overall very disappointing and I can't see myself ever going back...

Visited February 2012
5 Thank MBTLC2009
Yungaburra, Australia
“A piece of Germany”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The food is pretty average at times. I have been there often. They have a la carte and a pizzeria now but the ambience of the place is terrific. Especially oktoberfest.

1 Thank Gayle H
Townsville, Australia
“love the pizza”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

pizza was awesome but wouldnt stay for the other food- too hot and too long to be served

Visited January 2012