“Very disappointing and very expensive”

Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Cuisines: European, Italian, Swiss
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:00pm - 10pm Open for Lunch friday to Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm Closed on Mondays Bookings are essential Come along and enjoy our warm hospitality fantastic food and great atmosphere.
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We had been waiting a long time to try this place. Valentine day dinner was memorable, but for the wrong reasons. Waiting times for service was rediculously slow. The main meal of ravioli was overcooked and dry. And not much of it. Dessert was just as disappointing. I cannot and will not recommend the restaurant to anyone.

6  Thank JAMESTOLD
There are newer reviews for Nick's Swiss Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have visited this restaurant many times over the last fifteen years and was always very happy with the service and food but a couple of weeks ago I took two of my grandsons up for a meal and found the service and food left a lot to be desired. Waited forty minutes for a water refill and the meal I ordered -Veal- was that only 2 pieces of veal on a plate for $33.00- no salad no veges. Yuk. The boys ordered steak and they ordered chips thank goodness or they would have had only a piece of steak on their plate, I have always taken relatives to this venue and also recommended it to all I spoke to but unfortunately no more.

4  Thank Robin C
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Fantastic food, great entertainment and friendly staff. I can see why this place is one of North’s most talked about restaurants

2  Thank Mark6948
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is one of the few absolutely stand-out places to visit in FNQ. I stumbled onto it late one night while exploring the tablelands and immediately fell in love with the place. I've been back at least 4 times since on various trips and have never been disappointed. This most recent visit was on a day they weren't even supposed to be open but Nick agreed to open up for a few hungry people looking for lunch anyway. Food was excellent as always, service friendly and personalised, and the ambience and attention to detail in the restaurant styling is first class and always makes you feel warm and cozy. Can't recommend this place enough.

2  Thank Jon K
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Many people raved about this restaurant over the years, so we looked forward eagerly in expectation of a delicious meal. Unfortunately, the meals and service did not live up to our standards.
My meal was so salty I swear I had a brush with mortality. Inedible. When we complained, the waiter simply stated that the sauces had been pre made and that there was nothing he could do about it. Fair enough, but no effort was made to compensate and I had to leave my meal virtually untouched. Consequently, my fellow diners offered me some of their meals and I spent my evening eating off their plates. They agreed that my dish was much much too salty (they all had a taste) and we requested lots of water for the table to wash away the salt.
The waiter was busy entertaining other diners by proudly showing off Swiss paraphernalia, paying no heed to my untouched plate.
Understandably, we were very disappointed. This extremely salted dish may have been an aberration, but we did find their attitude inexcusable and we will not risk dining at Nick’s again.

4  Thank Atlanticmermaid