I have been up the Atherton tablelands for work over the past few years and Kookaburra is the nicest place I have stayed at. Breakfasts are excellent and are served on the verandah outside your room overlooking the tropical garden. There are some nice restaurants nearby you can walk to and on the way home you can spot curlews in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kookaburra Lodge is a 12 room motel set in tropical gardens in the heart of historical Yungaburra village. Each room is en suite and air-conditioned with its own veranda where room service breakfasts are served. The motel's off-highway location is a bonus with no traffic noise. We are within walking distance from restaurants, shops and Peterson creek where the Platypus live. We are also Bike Friendly so if your riding the Mountain Bike Trails or the scenic roads around the Tablelands we have secure storage for your bike along with workbench and tools and wash down area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Kookaburra Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kookaburra Hotel Yungaburra
- Kookaburra Motel Yungaburra