“A must visit”

Lake Barrine Rainforest Cruise and Teahouse
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited this place twice whilst staying in Cairns for the Ironman triathlon
Bill and Leanne and their staff give visitors a real great welcome the food and drinks here are
also top quality.The cafe is a good size and you can choose to sit outside and look outside over the lake or take one of the many tables inside.There is a 5k running or walking track round the lake and also have a boat so you can take a cruise.I did a swim round the circumference of the
lake.I can say it is one of the most enjoyable swims I have ever had it is pure clean freshwater
and clear.Temperature through the year is around 20c so its not cold I however wore a wet suit as my race later that week required one
What a great tranquil place pity I dont live closer. I will be back

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went here in anticipation of going on the boat cruise.
Firstly, the tea house - this is so promising but so tired. It needs an overhaul - by which I do 'not' mean modernising - but sparking up its period features.
The staff member I dealt with was pleasant but needed education - about the food available and about how to sell the cruise.
I decided against the cruise - she wasn't sure if it was running: it was! - because I wasn't going to commit to a maybe.
The frittata with salad was excellent, the slice and coffee OK.
The surrounds are beautiful and the short walk to the kauri trees repays the minimal effort a hundredfold.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lake Barinne is awesome early in the morning and the air is so fresh you can almost taste it. Even the water is crystal clear you can see right in. I just love it every time I visit. The Tea House is always fantastic but doing the cruise on ANZAC day was totally impressive. The boat is just excellent and quite spacey so I sat right up on deck and the view of the lake and all around from there is breathtakingly beautiful. There is so much to see from way up there like the beautiful water lilies, Pelicans, Cormorants, Eels, Ducks, Kayakers and Paddle boarders and even a great view of the Tea House. The commentary from the cruise captain was quite impressive and very educational telling us about the history of Lake Barinne, the animals and water lilies that call the lake home and the Tea House. She even got out of her way to stop in certain areas of the lake to show us Turtles and Eels so it was really enjoyable. I simply can't imagine people not doing it when they've come this far.

Such a terrific cruise so do check it out. You will be amazed.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The lake is beautiful. But the gentle cruise over the lake make it even better. The boat captain was great with his peaceful, clear commentary. The scones with cream at the tea house are must.

Difficult to imagine such a beautiful place so close to Cairns

1  Thank drtjain
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love to take all my overseas visitors to Lake Barrine Teahouse and have Scones and cream. Our devonshire tea is consumed whilst sitting on the timber decl overlooking the Lake. It is so tranquil and wildlife abounds.