“A Terrific Cruise”

Lake Barrine Rainforest Cruise and Teahouse
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lake Barinne is awesome early in the morning and the air is so fresh you can almost taste it. Even the water is crystal clear you can see right in. I just love it every time I visit. The Tea House is always fantastic but doing the cruise on ANZAC day was totally impressive. The boat is just excellent and quite spacey so I sat right up on deck and the view of the lake and all around from there is breathtakingly beautiful. There is so much to see from way up there like the beautiful water lilies, Pelicans, Cormorants, Eels, Ducks, Kayakers and Paddle boarders and even a great view of the Tea House. The commentary from the cruise captain was quite impressive and very educational telling us about the history of Lake Barinne, the animals and water lilies that call the lake home and the Tea House. She even got out of her way to stop in certain areas of the lake to show us Turtles and Eels so it was really enjoyable. I simply can't imagine people not doing it when they've come this far.

Such a terrific cruise so do check it out. You will be amazed.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The lake is beautiful. But the gentle cruise over the lake make it even better. The boat captain was great with his peaceful, clear commentary. The scones with cream at the tea house are must.

Difficult to imagine such a beautiful place so close to Cairns

1  Thank drtjain
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love to take all my overseas visitors to Lake Barrine Teahouse and have Scones and cream. Our devonshire tea is consumed whilst sitting on the timber decl overlooking the Lake. It is so tranquil and wildlife abounds.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We visited Lake Barrine twice. First to take a trip around the lake on a tour boat as recommended by our guide Kevin from Wilderness Eco Safaris, and second time to take a walk around the lake.
The Teahouse has some interesting history behind its existance and its purpose throughout the years. The lake itself also has some interesting history in its formation, and some lovely wildlife. Take a look for eels and snapper turtles, amongst other creatures. The boat tour was thoroughly enjoyable, done with humour (not over the top), and with plenty of facts and information about the place.
The walk around the lake is beautiful. If you appreciate nature and your surroundings, and you are not from the area therefore new to the rainforest, you may wish to take your time appreciating the different trees, many formations that the trees make and quietly go around looking for musky rat kangeroos and other forest critters, so allow yourself several hours. Or you could have a pleasant march around .... which ever is your style it's a tranquil place to be.
I can't make any comments on the refreshments at the Teahouse, we didn't buy any. Looked and smelled nice though!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Take the cruise around the volcanic crater lake. The crew are very knowledgeable and you get history and wildlife. Turtles, pythons and heaps more. We have been a few times to this beautiful spot. The open air tea house is perched right on the edge of the lake with glass doors (open in summer and a fireplace in winter) so that you feel you are part of the unique scenery. My husband and I frequent this spot when we are in the area and have found it perfect in any weather. The award winning Devonshire teas are the best scones I have tasted.
A must visit if you are visiting the Atherton Tablelands.

1  Thank Gayle H