“Worth it for the food.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tully
Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia
“Worth it for the food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

The superior rooms are pretty much okay and quite cozy. Obviously not going to find a four or five star resort in Tully, so for a motel, I think it's great. The new people who run it are lovely and really accomodating and helpful. The best bit I am getting to, the food!!!!!! They have a great chef there, great oysters kilpatrick, these amazing thai green curry chicken spring rolls that are huge and the salt and pepper calamari is to die for, best I have had I think. So lovely people, the superior rooms are cozy and fabulous food. It makes my staying in Tully and being away from home a little more bearable :-)

Room Tip: Superior rooms along from the Reception are the nicest
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
geraldine s, Owner at Tully Motel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you Amanda for this great review....It does absolutely encourage us to carry one with the good work....
We have been only here since the end of January 2012, but we shall do our best to upgrade the motel, the garden as well as our services to exceed our guests expectations....and i am very positive we will fulfill our target......Any critic good or bad will help us to improve our profesionalism..so please do so....

Geraldine & Guy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was needing to stay in Tully to do some basic research and wanted somewhere very cheap. When I rang, the manager (or whoever answered the phone) was reluctant to give me the basic room because he reckoned they were for backpackers who stayed longer. However, when I arrived and we discussed this and he realised I honestly did want a basic (ie very, very budget) room and didn't need an ensuite, he was happy to oblige. Thus I ended up with a very reasonably priced room. Although I didn't have my own bathroom, the toilet and bathroom were just around the corner and this suited me fine as it saved me quite a bit. The room had everything else I needed: comfy bed, TV, microwave, tavble and chair, tea and coffee facilities, etc. Moreover, it was quiet and very clean and the cleaners who came around the next morning, helped put me in contact with someone who gave me a lift. They were very friendly cleaners and while they madly cleaned outside my room, we had a few laughs. I love this about northern Qld country towns. Nearly everyone helps out and does you any favour they can. Very pleased with this motel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank WanderlustWend
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in a standard room and was charged $99. The room was basic but clean and had everything that was necessary for a pleasant overnight stay. Bed was comfy and the restaurant served outstanding food. Two minor problems that influenced my rating is the lack of complimentary internet and the non-existence of a window. I cannot believe that motels still get away with charging for internet, and being able to open a window at night for fresh air is very important to me: the only option in this regard would have been to leave the door to a terrace area open, without any fly screens...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterSchulz78
Mackay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

Considering all the Motel accomodation we booked into in two weeks leasurely wandering around the north, the Tully Motel was the best. Good sized, clean rooms, friendly staff. We only stayed one night on the way home. Maybe longer next time.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fugals
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed at the Tully Motel for one night while on a road trip in Far North Queensland. We selected the property purely for location. Hotel staff were helpful and accommodating with our late arrival time, and we were pleasantly impressed with the room when we arrived. We stayed in deluxe room, which included a double bed, a table for dining, and a refrigerator/hotpot. The room was spotlessly clean. The bed was basic, but surprisingly comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly.The location was quiet. For a basic accommodation, this property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chakattack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tully
Sanctuary Retreat
#1 of 23 in Mission Beach
Mission Beach Resort
Mission Beach Resort
#6 of 11 in Mission Beach

Been to Tully Motel? Share your experiences!