“kayak adventure”

Ingan Tours- Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Tully
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Ingan Tours you can walk in the footsteps of the Ancestors!In our Spirit of the Rainforest Tour you can share in our local culture and stories, our tour takes you deep into the rainforest of North Queensland where you will discover ancient and unique cultural traditions of our Ancestors the Jirrbal People.Visitors will immerse themselves in the experience and understand how life was for our people prior to contact from the outside world. Let us inspire you by viewing the world through our eyes…
Byron Bay, Australia
“kayak adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

A fantastic and adventurous day out! Our group of university students was met by Doug, Caroline and Sonya who safely and expertly guided us through active cultural experiences in the gorgeous waters and surrounds of Tully. The river trip was scenic with just enough gentle challenges to raise a few heartbeats, while not alarming any of us. Our guides ensured us of safety, enjoyment and gastronomic joys (home baked treats and hot cup of tea on the side of the river were a welcomed treat). Additionally, there is a deep Indigenous cultural element to this trip but it is approached with real authenticity that never feels tokenistic. The guides' passion for sharing their culture and country shines through. I will continue to support Ingan Tours as they are great people doing excellent work in a sublime environment.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank catherine v
SonyaTully, Manager at Ingan Tours- Day Tours, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Our dearest Kat...I'm truly touched by this wonderful review of our new product (Tully Kayak Tour). It has been an absolute pleasure for the last 4 years looking after you and your amercian uni students. We are so happy that they are enjoying the kayak tours....the Bulgan Creek is one of Tully's secret little gems that the locals have known about for many years. Your support and the students support is truly grateful and we are sure to have this fine relationship for many more years. The students are so down to earth and my team look forward to your visits every year. Take care and see you again next year.

Townsville, Australia
“Kayaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had an AMAZING experience learning the way water moves and how to kayak through a 8km river path. The guide Doug was absolutely perfect! We were so safe and had an amazing time splashing around. The snack it to die for! I very highly recommend!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lauren K
Lauren, thank you for your review of our new Tully Kayak Tour. When we created the tour we wanted to ensure that we could cater for all age groups and people's personal abilities. This is certainly a tour where you participate in adventure, fun and connect to nature. The Bulgan Creek is heavily edged by rainforest for the whole 8 kilometres of the journey. We hope to see you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
“DO THIS IF YOU CAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really think that for safety, pace, information, overall planning and equipment your’s are the very best tours I’ve ever taken. I was so happy to have such a great time doing such unexpected things - I know it was because of all your careful hard work that I could have such truly marvellous life experiences.
I had the most fantastic two days out walking all one day and then kayaking all the next. Everything unfolded beautifully. Gradually I came to see how challenging each day was and that just made me think over - not just, where was I? - but also, who I was with? But each challenge was managed so well and I felt really aware that I was in good, experienced, extremely knowledgeable hands on both days!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank angela f
Dearest Angie, what a pleasure my friend to have you on our tours. Thank you for this excellent overview of our Tully Kayak Tour and Spirit of the Rainforest Tour. I met your sister in Bingal Bay recently and she commented what a wonderful day out you had with Ingan Tours, whilst visiting her. It's great feedback like yours that helps other travellers make a decision in what they will book upon coming to the area, keep up the good work. I loved making a cuppa for you back at home and sitting down at the table and hearing the passion you have as a guide working down in Victoria. If we are ever down that way I will certainly look you up and come on a tour with you. Take care and hope to see you soon.
Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant adventure for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been using Ingan Tours for our American exchange students for a number of years now and they are simply amazing. They are friendly, professional and so very caring. They really treat us like family. It is the best indigenous cultural experience that we have found anywhere in Australia.
The Kayaking tours in particular offer a great day adventure. The rapids are fun but challenging and will promise to put a smile on everyone's face no matter their ability or age. The river is picturesque with many little place to stop and take a photo. You will honestly feel like you are miles from anywhere. Its quite a spiritual experience.
The staff will share stories along the way and invite you to understand a little bit more about their culture. The trip has been created with care and and I can guarantee you that everyone will love it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Marion F
Maz, thank you for the excellent feedback! We love you guys and enjoy your visit to us every year. We are really humbled by your comment that our product is the best indigenous cultural experience that you've done in Australia...this is a huge statement and it makes our team feel extremely proud...Thank You!
We can't wait for 2014 as we get to see you all again...as Aboriginal people it is such an honour and opportunity to share with your staff and the students what life was like for our people prior to contact in this country and how we are maintaining the importance of this through tourism.
I'm extremely proud that you and your team take a deep interest in our culture and appreciate our unique way of explaining what we as Aboriginal know about the local environment in particular the Indigenous thought process of holistic thinking...take care and bring on 2014 for another beaut year of fun and adventure on our Tully Kayak Tour.
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved this kayaking adventure with Ingan Tours - 2 adults and 3 children (14, 12 and 7). It was the most amazing mix of learning about water, rivers, kayaking, plants, animals, aboriginal knowledge and beliefs whilst also being active and learning skills about kayaking through the rapids. There was lots of relaxed paddling in between, a stop for a lunch of damper and billy tea and all in such a beautiful and peaceful environment. It was a very special experience. This was the highlight of our trip and probably one of the best activities we have ever done. It is also one of few activities that would be great in any weather. We would love to come back and do exactly the same kayaking again, even just to see our fantastic guide Doug and our bus drivers Sonya and Caroline again too.

Visited July 2013
Nicola, thank you for a very detailed review of what to expect on our Tully Kayak Tour. Firstly, absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoyed the day out with our team. Diversity is the name of the game for Ingan Tours...our tours are designed with the customer in mind and we believe that we hit the spot with our Tully Kayak Tour...as you've already experienced. I love how you remember everything for example: the mix of learning includes water, rivers, flora and fauna, aboriginal culture, whilst still being active throughout all of this learning. In particular you explain the children's ages which is excellent feedback for other families wishing to participate in this great product....thank you Nicola for a very detailed comment...it certainly provides authentic information for our future customers.