“on the tracks of the Aborigines”

Ingan Tours- Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Tully
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Ingan Tours you can walk in the footsteps of the Ancestors!In our Spirit of the Rainforest Tour you can share in our local culture and stories, our tour takes you deep into the rainforest of North Queensland where you will discover ancient and unique cultural traditions of our Ancestors the Jirrbal People.Visitors will immerse themselves in the experience and understand how life was for our people prior to contact from the outside world. Let us inspire you by viewing the world through our eyes…
Berlin, Germany
“on the tracks of the Aborigines”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a nice tour with a short meal on a beautiful spot.
We learned a lot about the life of this aboriginal cultur and our guides were very nice.

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An absolute must! What a great day out!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was picked up from my hotel in Mission Beach and take to Bulgan Creek by Ingan Tours. Right from the start they were incredibly friendly and made such an effort in chatting to me about my holiday, where i was from etc. They were incredibly patient with showing me how to kayak, and once we got going down the creek, they told me all about the history of the area, all about the animals, plants etc. It was a incredibly fun, scenic and relaxing day at he same time, and I really enjoyed my tie with my guides Angie and Leslie Halfway through the morning we stopped on a lovely little beach and had some freshly brewed billy tea and absolutely scrummy damper (I still drool when thinking about it). This was a great day out and a real highlight of my trip. Angie, Leslie ad Rosalie were such lovely, funny, smart and genuine people.

Visited March 2013
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“"A fantastic must do kayak tour"”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

staying at mission beach on sunday 24/2/2013 was picked up by Sonya and taken to Tully which turned out to be a ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC day. with Sonya, Doug and must not forget Bear. The 8km we kayak and small rapids,stopping for a swim having billy tea and damper also tryed Alexander Palm. The scenery so beautiful,relaxing,great company(must take a water camera)to capture fantastic memorys. I have never been in a kayak befor and loved every second of it. learned about aboriginal culture. Do not miss out Sonja, Doug will give you a great adventure. our thanks to the receptionist at mission beach for recommending it. the price is very good it must be done.We were picked up at 8am and did not return till about 4pm.

Visited February 2013
South Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must do when visiting the Cassowary Coast”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spent a Saturday kayaking the Bulgun River (just outside of Tully & 20 minutes away from Mission Beach) with Sonya, Doug, Jordan(and Bear) of Ingan Tours - ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! What a great way to spend a day,so scenic, relaxing and informative. Not only got some excercise but also leaned about aboriginal culture. Pristine waters that allowed fantastic swimming. Would recommend this for all age groups and fitness levels. Add it to your list!

Visited January 2013
South Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GO ON, DO IT!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Kayaked the Bulgun River under the special care of Sonya and Doug (and Bear!) and what a great day we had. Over 5 km of pristine water and scenery... Kookaburras guiding us... Sea eagles enchanting us... Extremely peaceful.
Let me tell you about the freshly brewed billy tea (Daintree's finest) enjoyed en-route; and the yummy damper (traditional Australian bread) still warm from the oven dripping with butter and maple syrup. Oh yeah!!!
We thoroughly enjoyed our day, along with our two children (aged 11 and 12). It was one of the hottest days of the year, but frequent dips into beautiful clear and cool river waters made the heat totally bearable.
Kayak equipment is fully provided and in great nick, with lots of safety tips provided for the faint hearted. Double or single kayaks are available. Suggest a single kayak per person unless travelling with a young child. Price is very reasonable.
Bit of advice for first timers... Don't forget your hat and sense of adventure. Rapids on the Bulgun River are totally tame yet still give a bit of a thrill!
Guarantee your face will be sore from smiling too much after a day on the Bulgun! Go for it!

Visited February 2013