“Lovely spot for a cuppa....or a longer stay.”
Review of Continental bakery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Continental bakery
Cuisines: Australian
Ballan, Australia
“Lovely spot for a cuppa....or a longer stay.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After negotiating the relentless roadworks from Biloela through Theodore and beyond on my journey west, I turned off the main highway for about 1 Km and drove along a beautiful palm tree lined boulevard, appropriately named where I came across the Continental Bakery on the left as I arrived into town.
From the bakery's postcard 'One of the few working wood fired bakeries in Queensland today. Current Proprietor Sharyn Lee, a chef formerly working in London, came for a visit, saw the potential and heard the town of Theodore needed a fresh bread shop...and now they have one'.

Sadly my trip didn't allow me the time to spend longer in Theodore, which compared to the mining town hustle and bustle of Biloela is a very peaceful, laid back place, however it's now on my list of places to re-visit. I had a delightful vegetarian and pesto wrap, with toasted raisin bread with preserves, with a double shot coffee.

I noticed on the counter, delights such as lemon meringue pie, pecan pie etc. Again, I wished I'd had longer to stay...

The double shot coffee was a bit weak though.

In the same cafe, but adjacent is all kinds of bric-a-brac, lovely old dinner sets and other china and whatnot for sale from the 40's through to 60's. Very clean toilets.

• Visited April 2013