Honeysuckle Cottages
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Cherrabah Resort(Elbow Valley)
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast basketspa bathpot bellycold nightbread for toastcomfortable cottagebed and pillowson arrivalcooler monthsgranite bouldersattention to detaillog firebird lifethree nightsgreat place to stayrockswood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we spoke to the owners we knew we would be in for something special. The cottage,one of 8,designed and sited for total privacy, was charming and elegantly furnished with wood burning fire and Reverse cycle air cond plus a 2 person spa. Kitchen was adequate, the TV not so! The onsite restaurant The Rocks provided a brilliant dinner with a great selection of local wines. "Bloody Good Red" as the name implied, was a memorable choice. These cottages are fabulous and would be great all year round especially the colder months but don't miss the tranquility at this time of year. Think we had the place to ourselves? Forget any negatives you have read here and have a relaxing break.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank colin S
hsc15, Owner at Honeysuckle Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you Col S. for your kind review 10 out of 10 for your 10th wedding anniversary glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the "Bloody Good Red" is a bloody good drop and very popular at The Rocks Restaurant. See you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here after purchasing an online deal. Had to cancel our first booking as our son got sick and Terry was fantastic and understood our situation and changed our dates without any penalty. Upon arrival the owners Rick & Maxine were fantastic with local information and sights to visit. The breakfast hamper is huge and we didn't get through it all as we wanted to taste the local fare. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage. Nice open living space with 2 lounges, 6 seater dining, fireplace, kitchen and hutch. You'll never run out of firewood! A massive bathroom with spa, with the washing machine & dryer in a separate cupboard. We had a big bedroom with a queen bed, 2 bedside tables, wardrobe, blanket box, reading chair and room for their portacot for our bub. Well stocked washing powder for dishes and clothes. The only negative is no carport to protect the car and it was windy so the trees brought down a quite a few leaves and branches. But the cottage had an outdoor hose so was able to wash the car down in the mornings. We had dinner at the restaurant on site - The Rocks. Highly recommended! Fantastic meals - we had the atlantic salmon and beef steak, though they're not open Monday or Tuesdays. Reception has a lot of DVDs you can borrow for free, which we did, but never got a chance to watch them! McDonalds & Starmart located 200m walking distance for convenience but couldn't hear any noise from them. All in all a wonderful stay with every need well catered for and great location from all the sights.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SFCD

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad we were able to change your dates to a more suitable time for you. The Rocks Restaurant does do great meals and they will deliver to your room. See you again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was visiting my parents from Perth and thought a trip up to Stanthorpe would be a nice way to spend some time together. We booked at the last minute and were very lucky to be able to get the two bedroom cottage. The cottage was a good size with two full sized rooms, each with a queen bed. The beds were very comfortable and in a lovely country design. The open living/kitchen area was great for making dinner and sitting around talking. We lit the fire it kept the place toasty warm.
The staff were super friendly and very welcoming on our arrival. The included breakfasts were huge! We got a basket of eggs, bacon, sausages, jams, bread, juice and milk. There was actually too much for us to eat. Just the sort of country hospitality that you hope for on your trip.
I read some of the reviews that were concerned about the closeness of McDonalds and the highway. Honestly we didn't notice it and the natural surrounding bush made it feel like we were miles away from civilisation.
Unfortunately I had to leave early due to a work emergency but we had a lovely few days exploring the area and the Honeysuckle Cottages was the perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: The two bedroom cottage (cottage 4) would be great for families or a group of friends. My mum is on crutches and has limited mobility, this cottage had a big enough bathroom for her to move around easily. You can also park right out front with only one front step, so it has good access for less mobile people.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you and your parents enjoyed your stay in our 2 bedroom cottage. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recently I visited Stanthorpe due to a deal I had baught to stay at the Honeysuckle Cottages in Stanthorpe. After visiting the town markets I expereienced a very bad car accident which left me with no car for my holiday. While I was booked into Honeysuckle Cottages I had never met Maxine and Rick the wonderful owners and their generousity could only be described as kind and generous. I was taken to hospital from the accident, Maxine and Rick came and picked me up from hospital and beforehand gone to my cottage and put a log fire on so it was warm on my return. Having no car for my holiday in a town where I knew no-one they drove me down town and also a hour away to pick up a hire car so I could return home to Brisbane.

As mentioned I had never met Maxine and Rick and when you need help in a crisis situation isn't it nice to know there is some absolutely wonderful kind people are more then happy to help.

The Cottages at Honeysuckle are so homely and I feel anyone who wants to escape and have a nice break would thoroughly enjoy themselves as there is plenty to do at Stanthorpe. I was only there for 3 nights and will definately going back and staying again.

Room Tip: Breakfast basket is great for those who want to save a few dollars before experiencing the town.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
hsc15, Owner at Honeysuckle Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you April 1 for your kind review. We were so shocked to get your phone call that you had had a bad car accident and were on your way to our local hospital. I rang twice during the afternoon checking on you, so of course I was always going to pick you up, it is just how I was brought up. It was no trouble to drive you around, as you had no-one else to help you out, it was my pleasure. I was worried about you going on the wine tour, but, you were fine and had a great day. Hope to see you again soon, with your new car!! Maxine

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights in a one bedroom cottage at Honeysuckle Cottages. At arrival our hosts were friendly, helpful and efficient. The large complex is very beautiful and the cottages are very private and in as natural a setting as possible for an accommodation complex. The actual location is off the highway whilst abutting the rear fence of the Caltex Fuel/service station and large McDonalds Restaurant. This is not a negative as it enables easy access to basic provisions from the Caltex store and meals, drinks from McDonalds. We heard no highway or customer noise at night, in our cottage. The hosts Breakfast basket was so well stocked that it actually provided us with 3 dinners as well as breakfasts so we were too tired and lazy to walk down the path to the Restaurant. We will never be so close to an onsite Restaurant and it looked wonderful but we couldn't stir ourselves up to leave the comfort of the cottage and fire to toddle down the path. Only a 2 minute walk. We chose Honeysuckle Cottages to enjoy the fireplace when in the cottage. And we did. There was plenty of firewood supplied inside and on patio and nearby in a woodpile for our cottage. The cottage was extremely well fitted out and spotless. Large heated bathroom with long Jacuzzi bath and luxurious fluffy forest green towels and mat a nice décor touch. Bedding luxurious, bed large and comfortable and a suitcase bench provided. Great attention to detail in all rooms. Crockery, pots, pans and glassware elegant and sturdy and everything people could possibly need provided, we thought. The washing machine and clothes dryer tucked away in a cupboard very useful. Honeysuckle's location just outside the actual township of Stanthorpe was a bonus we think. Only ten minutes at most to drive into Stanthorpe, an interesting and pretty country town. Lots of beautiful drives, many local award-winning wineries scattered about, and the local museum was very interesting and quite different especially the old homes they have moved in and set up as examples of a specific era. Our stay at Honeysuckle Cottages was just perfect, very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Pollyanna57, thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Honeysuckle Cottages, we do try to ensure that all our guests are happy. Our complimentary breakfast baskets are well received and you can cook them up at your leisure. The Rocks Restaurant is open Wednesday to Sunday nights and for lunch on Saturday and Sundays, maybe next time you will be able to try some of Chef Timo's specialties. See you on your next visit, Maxine and Rick